Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any info on Iceland please ? (the Country not the shop)
  • nealglover
    Free Member

we are planning a trip to Iceland in Feb, hoping to do a 4X4 self drive explore type holiday.

pre booked accommodation in a couple of different places, and roam around seeing the area.

just wondering if anyone had done similar, what to see, maybe what not to bother with ?

any tips, companies to look for when planning etc.

PS: would like to see the northern lights as they are a long time “must do” for both of us, and they are supposed to be stronger than ever in 2012 according to NASA ?

Crell
    Free Member

I’ve been skiing for 5 weeks over 4 years in Sweden & Finland and STILL haven’t seen the northern lights. Maybe I’ll see them this year then, but good luck! Sounds like a cool trip.

The days will still be quite short in Feb. Why not go in March, it makes quite a difference?

nealglover
    Free Member

it has to be feb due to work commitments I’m afraid.

davidrussell
    Free Member

i’m going to be in iceland from 14-19th Feb on a similar vacation. STW iceland ride perhaps? leave the ladies lounging at the spa…

nealglover
    Free Member

David, I’m planning on being as lazy as possible :mrgreen:

(1st plan was Veg out on a beach in Cape Verde, but that was overuled as being a bit too lazy)

What have you arranged so far ?

Ambrose

Iceland – Anybody been?

You will have reduced daylight- so more opportunity to see aurora if it is there. Enjoy

trevh
    Free Member

been in December not light till 11.30 am dark at 3 pm -15 degrees had a lot of snow it was brilliant never had a short break like ir rekyavik is superb so is the blue lagoon. and follw the route for the golden circle tour which takes in the geysurs and the tektonic plates il garuntee you will want to go back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any info on Iceland please ? (the Country not the shop)’ is closed to new replies.