Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • any ideas for decent cheap diy motorcycle ramp for trailer?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

Used a scaffold board before but with big bikes it can be nerve racking when solo.My idea is to get a cheap 2nd hand ladder ,cut it in two then put planks on top with battons across to act as low steps.With two lengths side by side I thought it would work quite well allowing me to walk beside or paddle up and down whilst seated.Any other ideas appreciated.

somouk
    Free Member

They’re not that expensive to buy, is the bike a cheap knock off and it won’t cost more than £50 to fix the damage if the DIY option fails?

£50 on ebay for a pair of ramps so wheel the bike up one and walk up the other.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/880LB-1-8M-STEEL-LOADING-RAMPS-TRAILER-VAN-TRUCK-MOTORCYCLE-MOTORBIKE-LAWN-MOWER-/371346492477?hash=item5675f9cc3d:g:OJUAAOSwZd1VdUS5

wrightyson
    Free Member

Youngman board or old deck board from a tower scaffold. In fact I have an old youngman. Arr you local to derbyshire?

Lionheart
    Free Member

We use an old army PT plastic bench to load the bikes in the van. Pretty much the same as a scafold plank but fold the legs out an we have a bench to sit on..

kaiser
    Free Member

Not local to Derby..but thanks.Ebay ones look great.

kaiser
    Free Member

actually the ebay ramps only take 200kg each so not strong enough for many big bikes + definately not suited to “paddling up/down whilst seated unfortunately.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘any ideas for decent cheap diy motorcycle ramp for trailer?’ is closed to new replies.