Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any ice hockey fans on here?
  • sootyandjim
    Free Member

NHL, EIHL or whatever flavour of ice hockey you enjoy, drop your puck here. I’m a Red Wings fan at heart but have warmed to the Nottingham Panthers in a big way since moving up here, in fact my season ticket application is in the post for next season.

voiplondon
    Free Member

I’m a Maple Leafs fans for my sins, having grown up near Toronto. I also play here in the UK for a rec team at the Guildford Spectrum.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Cool. Do you get to practice with the Flames?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

did my thesis on hockey sticks, how do amatures justify a sport that can get through £1k’s worth (upto 5 sticks, £200 a stick!) of kit in a game!

trailmonkey

Legends.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

“Oldtime hockey coach?”

voiplondon
    Free Member

Not often with any of the Flames, some of the hopefuls join in our summer ice sessions when the time is a bit more civilised. The rest of the year we don’t get on the ice until 23:15.

I can’t say I spend anything like that on sticks. I buy a new one every couple of years but also have a very old (probably 15 years) aluminum that I have a stash of replacements blades

Love those Hanson brothers

sootyandjim
    Free Member

voiplondon – My daughter (6yo) is starting to take a really unhealthy interest in hockey (she can skate a bit) but disturbingly she wants to play GT! We’re thinking of signung her up for a summer camp the Panthers are running to see how she likes it.

TomTom_TFT
    Free Member

I used to live in Guildford and watched the Flames for a season or two.
    Don’t to go much any more, and have really stopped skating as well.
    The closest I come to it nowadays is NHL09 on the PS3

voiplondon
    Free Member

Hey – that sounds great! The only wonan to ever play even an exhibition game in the NHL (or maybe it was AHL) was a goalie, Manon Rheaume.

My son (7) has been on the waiting list in Guildford for ever. He comes out whenever we have extra ice as my folks brought some kit over from home a while back. He also like the idea of playing in goal.
    In the meantime, we skate when we can and he plays mini rugby, rides his bike and generally tries any other sport we put in front of him.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Aye Manon was a fairly handy GT, its the shame Tampa Bay used her purely as a publicity stunt. She lives in Michigan now, not too far from Hockey Town.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any ice hockey fans on here?’ is closed to new replies.