Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any i30 owners here?
  • jsinglet

Does anybody here have a Hyundai i30 (new shape) and know how to remove the rear light assembly, the one on the body rather than the hatchback? I’ve spend ages wiggling it about and it just won’t come out. The manual just has a picture of it and a helpful arrow pointing that it comes out backwards, but with no indication of how!

Cheers

skiprat
    Free Member

We have an i30. As far as I can see, its a couple of cross heads/nuts and it should come off. Had a look on i30 owners forum and they say the same.

Not sure if it pulls out on wires or clips off but I’d unscrew it and give it a very light wiggle*.

*I’m not a fitter so don’t blame me if anything falls off.

jsinglet

Thanks, I’ve undone the screws but there seems to be something else holding it in. I expect it’s just a clip but without knowing where it is it’s hard to know which way to pull!

skiprat
    Free Member

Just looking on YouTube and some kia and hyundai light look similar. With them, you unscrew the nuts, give it a VERY light tap outwards and the unit comes out on a wire. Could be wrong but you never know

skiprat
    Free Member
    skiprat
    Free Member

2010 Hyundai Tucson Tail light assembly removal: https://youtu.be/fHBfG8UvODI

Or look at this. Looks more like it.

jsinglet

That last one helped, they key is the super sticky madgrip gloves, they let you push the light backwards which is very difficult with bare hands.

stumpy01

If it’s anything like my Ibiza you release the nuts inside and the light cluster clings like a limpet to the bodywork; impossible to get a grip on and release.
    A sharp whack with the palm of your hand on the side of the light going backwards releases it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any i30 owners here?’ is closed to new replies.