Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any Humax users having probs after re-tuning?
  • munkster
    Free Member

Got a 9300T and since carrying out a re-tune (cos it said I had to for the “switchover”) the box “hangs” briefly every minute or so. Anyone else got one of these boxes and finding this? Chuffin’ irritating and can’t really ignore it…

Am on the Sutton Coldfield transmitter if that makes any difference?

Interested to hear if anyone else has had the same or if it IS just me!! 🙁

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

My dad has been having nothing but problems with his since the re-tune, he’s in Loughborough so I guess also Sutton Cioldfield although may be Waltham.

munkster
    Free Member

Ah, cheers for that – one assumes that if sufficient numbers of people have the same issue “something” will be done about it!!

Would have gone onto the Hummy user forum to ask all this but it seems to either have been re-launched or lost favour since there doesn’t seem to be many posts!

convert

Had a 9200T and it lost the pot after a retune. It went over the 77 channel max it could handle. It took 2 or 3 mins after one command before it would accept another. No amount of formatting or reflashing of the firmware would sort it – humax support said it was bolloxed which was helpful. It went in the bin – after being used as an air rifle target for being so bloody annoying!

allthepies
    Free Member

Have you tried resetting to factory defaults

Menu->Default Setting

munkster
    Free Member

Have you tried resetting to factory defaults

Menu->Default Setting

No I haven’t – have just done another “Automatic Search” to see whether that helps, will try default settings if not… Looking at the signal strength/quality they just seem less good than they used to be; maybe it’s just losing the signal periodically. If it is that’s irritating, it never used to!

allthepies
    Free Member

Sorry, that’s Menu->Installation (enter pin code – default 0000)->Default Setting

I am guessing though, that’s just what I’d try if I’d done what you had with no success.

daveh
    Free Member

Had a 9200T and it lost the pot after a retune. It went over the 77 channel max it could handle. It took 2 or 3 mins after one command before it would accept another. No amount of formatting or reflashing of the firmware would sort it – humax support said it was bolloxed which was helpful. It went in the bin – after being used as an air rifle target for being so bloody annoying!

You just needed to delete a few unwanted channels, I deleted the radio ones as I never used them. Within a few months of this surfacing as an issue humax issued an OTA update to fix permanently. Still, must have been fun.

convert

The humax ota firmware a year or so ago (which sorted out the instant epg too) sorted out the previous slow problems – this was a new one

Retuned with the ariel disconnected so no channels at all, a reflashed firmware and formatted disk and still super slow.

Humax support said bolloxed and did give a healthy discount on a new box.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any Humax users having probs after re-tuning?’ is closed to new replies.