Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any HR people about
  • Aus
    Free Member

We’re a small business and sadly looks like we have to make a couple of redundancies. Have had some advice re the process, and was hopeful I could now download template consultation / redundancy / compromise agreement documents.

Can anyone recommend a reliable download site to buy these from pls?

Many thanks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d suggest you steer away from downloading/buying from teh interwebz for this and see if you can speak to an independent HR professional (Of which there are many!)

Whereabouts are you, and what industry are you in?

Aus
    Free Member

Design industry and central London. It was the HR prof who recommended buying from the web – apparently it’s a straightforward situation

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, OK, that’s a little odd, as I’d usually expect them to provide that sort of template as a part of their service!

Aus
    Free Member

Yeah – he suggested that we would save money doing it this way as so straightforward, so he mapped out the steps and advised ‘xprt hr’ but their subscription is >£2k so hoped their where cheaper alternatives

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As much as getting the paperwork right you need to get the process right – unless you intend to use compromise agreements to buy them out of their rights.

I too would be very dubious of downloading forms and stuff unless you can get them from a reputable independent and have them checked by a professional

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?r.s=tl&r.l1=1073858787&r.lc=en&r.l2=1074450319&topicId=1074019927

linked to from the ACAS site – might have useful info – can’t be bothered wading thru it

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Recently went through similar with two associated businesses. The sticking point mainly is the number of redundancies involved. If its under 20 then its a lot simpler process (the consultation process is reduced, and you don’t have to notify the RPO prior to commencement).

Having said that the RPO office is probably the best source of information, and will on occasion provide a consultation service. The Government Gateway and the Businesslink website also lay out the complete process from start to finish.

We also used Mentor (who are part of the RBS group) who were exceptionally good, they may be able to offer assistance as a one off (we have them as underwriters and HR advisors on a permanent basis)

Going forward, I would recommend retaining a similar service, its costs me just under £100 month for having under 20 employees, and provides full HR consultation, and litigation cover.

Worthwhile contacting your local chamber of commerce as well, as i know ours offers a similar service for members as the RBS.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any HR people about’ is closed to new replies.