Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any house painters in the house? (Housepaintingadvicetrackworld content)
  • pondo

Right – Chateau Pondo is not looking great. It has what I think is pebble dash render, which hasn’t had a fresh coat of paint for a good long time. Not really knowing much about it, we got a quote from a recommendation, and it comes in at £1400 (which, in all fairness, includes two coats, checking and fixing the rendering (which he said wasn’t too bad when he came and had a look) and I think also the woodworky bits and bobs) which seemed a fair wedge to us. It’s a three bed semi with a sloping roof garage, and I am both vertically inept and scared s***less of heights, so unlikely to be in a position to do it ourselves (especially the side, as the garage roof doesn’t look as though it’ll bare my tremendous bulk). Any peeps know much about the business? We’ll be getting more quotes, but is £1400 in the ball park? How long does the stuff last? If that’s it for the next forty years, then fair enough, but don’t want to be forking that kind of cash out every three or five years. Thank you for reading. 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

If it’s using a decent quality Dulux Weathershield or similar, ensuring there is no break in the coverage, woodwork done with gloss and undercoat then thats a good price.
    Not cheap but not expensive either.

Marin
    Free Member

Don’t sound too bad depending where you are in the country. Outside work can be a pain for the painter especially with our weather. If their recommended and you don’t like ladders then what’s the other option. Sure you could get it done cheaper but you get what you pay for. If you’re in the NW i’d offer a quote but I’m hobbling round with an injured calf muscle.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Sounds very reasonable for a semi, especially if it is a good recommendation.

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

I painted ours about 8 years ago (semi detached) myself. Bought decent masonry paint from work, think 12 tins. Had a loan of some youngman lightweight aluminium scaffolding, which was a great help. Also painted all castwork and woodwork. Was my summer holiday and took about eight days. Rollered then brushed any harder to get to parts . Also it’s a rough cast covering. Starting to need done again.

bigh
    Free Member

Sounds fine for two coats .
    Been a painter for longer than I care to admit

pondo

Cheers folks – seemed like a lot of money but then it’s totally new to us, we’ve no frame of reference. Sounds like the guy’s in the ballpark – ta for the advice. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any house painters in the house? (Housepaintingadvicetrackworld content)’ is closed to new replies.