Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Any hottub bods/users in. Which make?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I know there’s a few on here as I’ve asked before. I’ve got full FD clearance and wondered if anyone can recommend one over the other? Looking at 4k really. Seen one at 4.5k today in doncaster but the salesman seemed a bit snake oily. Derbyshire based.

I really, really am struggling to think of anything I’d rather not spend £4k on.

I’m not sure I’d even want one if I were given one.

I really struggle to see what the fuss about these things is all about at the moment, other than being the latest pointless ‘must have’. I’d honestly never use it – just can’t see the appeal mate.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Free pampas grass with every purchase.

Drac

Is this for your media room?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Could put it in vorlichs media room 🙂

Edit, 4 seconds gah.

slowoldman

Derbyshire you say? Well you could wash your bike in it.

RS4KEV

Got an Arctic spa one, decent insulation is important as the cheap ones can cost a fortune in electric. 5 year warranty which I have needed for a control pack and pump. Now 6 years old so hoping they last a bit longer.

drlex
    Free Member
    righog
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Is this for your media room?

trail_rat – Member
    Could put it in vorlichs media room

Edit, 4 seconds gah.

not a bad idea that…….

ji
    Free Member

Is that a CRT TV in a fireplace?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Any mention of a hot-tub always reminds me of a conversation I had with an installer/service guy many years ago in a house where I was doing a floor and he was putting in a hot-tub in the tiny back garden. “They’re great y’know, but I wouldn’t ever get in anyone elses’s…” 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

The Mrs and I spend countless hours chit chatting in the bath, yes we actually after nearly 20 years still like each other so the tub will replace that for us, plus the kids seem pretty keen. Oh and it’s my money

The Mrs and I spend countless hours chit chatting in the bath, yes we actually after nearly 20 years still like each other so the tub will replace that for us, plus the kids seem pretty keen. Oh and it’s my money

There’s the bite 😉

Not going to change my opinion of them though – I can talk to my Mrs without being in the bath and we’ve been together 23 yrs – saying that, she’s upstairs while I watch the GP 😉

Bout time you came for a Matlock/Darley guided tour wrighty 😛

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Doncaster

classy

nedrapier

“They’re great y’know, but I wouldn’t ever get in anyone elses’s…”

Hot tub owners pretending it’s not a nasty sex pond

Nothing personal, wrightyson, just made me laugh!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Damn you artist! What you gonna show me that I haven’t already ridden on Matlock 😆

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Hot tub in media room reminds me of the time my colleagues booked me into the honeymoon suite at this place for a joke:

http://gardenplacehotel.com/reservations/accommodations/honeymoon-suite/

I stopped to ask for directions. The guys laughed, said Carry on, you’ll find it!

Jacuzzi in the room

Lobby

Breakfast room

Various waxwork waiters stood in alcoves gave you the creeps and the note the room door advising ‘$20 per additional occupancy’ seemed like a rate in case you rang the front desk, requesting a ‘guest’ from the strip club over the road!

Memorable stay for sure…

mrsfry
    Free Member

Don’t those things contain human doings?

konabunny
    Free Member

I moved into a place that had two of them. Neither of them got used before or after we moved in.

HTH

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Had one for over 7 years in the last house. Left it behind as they don’t move too well.

If you have a dark back garden at night it’s great to sit in with the Mrs looking at shooting stars, satellites, stars planets, planes etc.

Also better than sitting watching the telly.

And yes, we even had some conversations too!

Great for that post ride beer. Ace on a sunny cold winters day.

I’d have one again if I could afford one.

Was a Southwest Spa one. Not made any more though.

They do cost a bit to run. They do need parts on a fairly frequent basis – had to replace a couple of pumps, some seals, control board and jets, cover etc in that time. Still would have another one though.

Not a lot of help on the “which one” front though.

Damn you artist! What you gonna show me that I haven’t already ridden on Matlock

Dunno, but I’ll bet there’s something. If not, just come for the craic anyway 😉

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

We are quite fancying one of these:

http://www.softubuk.com/

Apparently cheaper to run than a normal one.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Any hottub bods/users in. Which make?’ is closed to new replies.