Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any Home Music/PC/TV setup experts out there..
  • crazant
    Free Member

Home setup is:

Small pc (running Itunes)connected to Home surround amp and Tv

Speakers in all other rooms using Airport expresses…

The Amp is being used as the Airplay as its connected to the PC..and until Apple lets us use Ios to send to Multiple Airports I’m stuck with that…

I turn on all the airports using remote plugs so in theory i can lie in bed turn on all the speakers and the pc from there…wait till Pc starts and loads itunes and use remote on iphone to control library…voila…but I have one slight problem that is bugging me…

My Surround Amp has to be turned on first before the PC or i can’t get the Pc to display on the TV its just a blue screen, if i reboot the pc after amp is on it loads fine and i can use the PC on the TV, no movements on the keyboard etc make the PC appear on screen…
    I can’t turn the Amp on remotely..

While its not a massive problem it does mean i have to physically turn the Amp on first which i obviously can’t do from another room…I can still use the sound as the Pc is on but if i then turn the tv on its bluescreen and a reboot.

Anyone any ideas why the Amp must go first to load PC on screen

Thanks a lot
    Anthony

jambalaya
    Free Member

No, sorry. I just wanted to let you know someone had read your post 😉

I have mac mini connected to tv plus speakers and I don’t have similar problem so perhaps it’s due to windows running iTunes.

crazant
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

Don’t think its an itunes or sound issue, its a PC to Tv issue, Amp must go first or Pc won’t show on TV..Bluescreen if Pc turned on first…

Any ideas on how to remotely turn on Amp…it hasn’t got an on/off switch that can be left on…( or i could control the plug socket)

georgecats_0
    Free Member

You can buy a remote control plugin socket for less than twenty quid,thatwayyou could turn the amp on and off remotely,I think they also make one controllable with an app

crazant
    Free Member

Hi

I control all the Airport expresses with mini amps using remote control sockets, the Amp won’t do that as it dosen’t have a flick on/off switch if i power off at the plug and back on again it just goes into stand by and needs the remote….

crmcc
    Free Member

Use e remote repeater like these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0026472Z4 one unit near the amp one in the bedroom.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any Home Music/PC/TV setup experts out there..’ is closed to new replies.