Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any hikers, can you recommend shorts
  • whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

I could do with some new knee length hiking shorts (chino style cut) for the Yorkshire 3 peaks doing back end of May.

Can anyone recommend a brand and style name, good stretch, not too baggy, preferably grey
    Possibly with DWR

Thanks in advance

dknwhy

I use 5.11 trousers and shorts for hiking. Very hard wearing and well made.
    The Taclite pro or Stryke shorts would probably work for you.
    Taclite
    Stryke
    Waist sizing comes up true but the crotch and legs are roomy (part of the design).

rocketman
    Free Member

Endura MT500

Actually rather good for hiking in + everyone will know you’d rather be biking

slowoldman

Knee length you say? Get some stout corduroy breeches and red stockings.

Actually I wear Rohan Bags shorts, but they are not knee length.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve got some 5.11 full length trousers (they come in a 36″ leg and it’s hard to find outdoor kit in long leg). Well made, comfortable but I’d prefer they didn’t have the elasticated waist.

Cycling kit is pretty good to hike in – cycling baggies tend to be light, flexible, and tough. I’ve worn merino cycling tops tops to hike in as well when i’ve been on holiday. Endura used to do a loose-ish cut pure merino top without rear pockets. Was perfect for commuting and ideal for hiking.

Kahurangi

Ground Effect!

Slightly stretchy, v comfy. Not DWR though.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

thanks for the advise guys, I’ll try my endura shorts next time, and i agree, i wish i’d been on my mtb down ingleborough its a long walk that would be far more fun on a mtb

i’ll check 5.11 too

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any hikers, can you recommend shorts’ is closed to new replies.