Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any Hei Hei Haters or owners on here care to add your 2p's worth?
  • singletrackmind

Right , Got a chance of a second hand Hei Hei 08. wanted a 100mm trail bike and was looking at Spark or Anthem but they are rather common . Not owned a Kona , but they seem to fit the bill . After a light, fast, quick climbing bike for enduro or gorrick events .Will be binning the FSA wheels for MAvics .
    Will my svelte 80kg be a bit much for 60mm rear travel? Are they as good as an Anthem or should i look at the Kona King which is an option (was on classsifieds) with 100mm on the back and 115 front.
    Thinking a bike that helps your strong points , i am reasonably Ok going uphill , will be bigger gains than an armchair descender as im rubbish at going downhill .
    Dont get on with HTs anymore due to wonky lower back, but not tried a TI yet.
    Hoping a short travel FS will be the best compromise and a laugh to hoon down ST on.
    Pretty much committed to wheels on the ground riding too.

Max
    Free Member

Bought a second hand one myself this year. Seriously quick bike – loves corners, the travel although short really finds grip for you. If you go for it consider running 100mm at the front. It’s more than just a race bike

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Had one for over ten years. Love it!

heihei

Got me worried then!!

Picto
    Free Member

In time honoured tradition I do not have Hei Hei, but i have a Leroi which is much the same I think but with carbon seat stays. 65mm rear travel.

It is very fast. Bags of traction climbing, takes the sting out of rough descents and flies on twisty singletrack. Described in reviews as “cross bike on crack” I seem to remember, whatever that may mean.

If out for a blast at pace it is excellent. If out for a gentle potter it never feels quite right.

andrewh
    Free Member

Steve-Austin – Member
    Had one for over ten years. Love it!

That must be a ‘proper’ Heihei then, not one of these fancy bouncy ones. Pics please!

JackHammer

A friend of mine had a hei hei, and he loved it! He sold it to our other mate who also loves it! He said it was better in his opinion than other Kona full susses because the suspension system worked really well with such a short stroke shock. He also found the frame sizing to be spot on and in the right dimensions for him.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind a Hei-Hei myself if someone has one in L to sell………..

caaaallum
    Free Member

Hey guys, I’ve got a Kona Hei Hei 2008 model for sale its an absolutely ace bike super fast, this one is in pretty mint condition size 16″ im looking at offers around £450 or so. Here are some pics.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any Hei Hei Haters or owners on here care to add your 2p's worth?’ is closed to new replies.