Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any Hawkwind fans in? heard new Ford ad?
  • Fantombiker

The new ford TV ad features the intro to Masters of the universe! I was so pleased to hear this in the midst of TV droneland. Space Ritual is one of the finest albums ever made.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to catch them at the Wickerman festival a few years ago. Bloody brilliant. Not seen the ad, but will keep my ears pinned back.

sparkyrhino

Quite partial to a bit of Hawkwind,soft spot for self titled album,bit of a dreamy hippy at heart 😯

Pigface
    Free Member

a very dear friend is a Hawklord 😆 has made guitars for them and all sorts.

Stacia 😯 dead heat in a Zeppelin race.

higgo
    Free Member

I saw them at Stonehenge in 1984.
    I have to watch videos on Youtube etc to remember what it was like.

silverT4
    Free Member

I indeed have a Silver machine!
    Thought they’d hung up their guitars ages ago.

pedropete

They were the 1st live band I saw, way back in 1979 in Brighton. Saw them many times after that. At the time, I was still at school & we were allowed to paint a big mural on the 6th form common room wall & I managed to convince my classmates that the “Warriors on the edge of time” album cover would look great, so that’s what we painted. I think at the time, most people were into The Jam & suchlike, so it was quite a coup. Happy days

Pete
    Free Member

Still got a lot of their stuff on vinyl. Never seen them live, would love to though..

donks
    Free Member

Saw them about 20 years ago at a small venue in Milton Keynes…. Plenty of weed smoked that night.
    I have the album original which was my dad’s it’s got a great album sleeve, quite like we took the wrong steps” on the same album.
    Spirit of the age is my favorite though

catnash
    Free Member

Met Nik Turner a few times, lives a few miles north of where I live. Sadly when I met him I’d never heard of Hawkwind.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I thought I recognised it. It was the bass line what did it for me

binners

I pointed out that it was Hawkwind. “Who?” Came the reply. I thought it best not to elaborate on it being the soundtrack to many acid trips 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any Hawkwind fans in? heard new Ford ad?’ is closed to new replies.