Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any groups riding on weeknights from Matlock?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m in the process of moving to Matlock and to help make some friends and learn the trails I’m hoping to join a group who ride on weeknights. Does anyone have a weekly run? I’m not too bothered by the idea of a formal cycling club.

I did see a big group of riders at the end of my lane on Saturday morning but didn’t have chance to go down to see them as I had a washing machine in my hands.

Also, can anyone recommend any routes for me to stick in the GPS so I can explore myself? I’m not at all familiar with Matlock so place names will mean nothing to me if you’re describing a route.

Thanks.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

We have rides every Tuesday night around in the area surrounding Matlock. This coming Tuesday we are starting just down the road at Middleton

All our rides are listed on the calendar at http://Www.dvatc.co.uk

Hi Luke

DVATC are a good bunch (and pretty fast) ^^

Matlock Cycling Club do a Saturday morning ride and I think a few of them do Tuesdays too (again quite fast – roadie contingent)

We (but not me if working nights), do Thursday nights and some Sunday mornings (often Dark Peak) – either from the Church Inn @ Darley Dale, or some pub in Matlock – more than welcome to join. We aren’t quite as fit, but still do a reasonable pace.

There are some great routes from Darley, towards Beeley, Chatsworth, Bakewell and up on Stanton. From Matlock, you have Ashover, Crich Chase, Shining Cliff, Black Rocks.

Some routes are a bit sensitive though and you’d also struggle to find them without local knowledge (I’m still being introduced to new trails after 20 years)

Rob Jackson comes out with us occassionally

munrobiker
    Free Member

STR- It does seem like a local knowledge sort of a place. Are you meeting this Thursday? I suspect I’ll be humping furniture about and won’t get a pass out but certainly next week I’ll be about.

I’ll try and get out with DVATC too- I need to ride with some fast folk to get properly fit again.

Tuesday and Thursday night rides would work brilliantly for me at the moment, more bike riding in the summer we’re having can only be a good thing.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

luke come with us alternate monday/wednesday or tuesday/thursday – you aren’t that fast 😉

Unless we are doing something out of the ordinary i.e. North Wales this weekend just gone, we are out every Thursday.

Rob, it’s about time you came out with us again – even if I’m not there, you could tie up with Yatesy and introduce Luke to the lads.

Whereabouts in Matlock are you going to be living and where are you working?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

right – will do. When are you out next mate?

munrobiker
    Free Member

STR- please can you send me your email address to lleebb76 at gmail dot com so I can keep track of where you’re meeting this week and next and what time?

Rob- don’t really want to drive to ride on a weeknight and need to learn the local trails for when I’ve got an early finish or am tight for time. That and I need to get fast again.

My wife has told me off for not riding with you lately, she says your texts imply that you miss me. Please can you confirm that you miss me like a hole in the head? I will start riding on Saturdays again in about October.

Also, what axe/saw do you use for your wood chopping? I only have a standard woodworking saw and don’t think it’ll be up to the job.

This Thursday mate will be the next ride, but I think I’m working – and Luke says he’ll be busy. Try and arrange something for a week Thurs???

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i am away then for a week – will aim for 1st Thursday in august

rob-jackson
    Free Member

we will talk wood 🙂

YGM munro….

OK Rob, sound!

Carax
    Free Member

The Sat Morning rides start a 9.30 opposite Stan Fearns Bike shop.
    It is not an ‘official’ MCC ride so you do not need to be a member. Pace is variable depending on who turns up.

There are indeed some great trails in the area, enjoy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any groups riding on weeknights from Matlock?’ is closed to new replies.