Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Any graphic designers here?
  • justinbieber

Ha, I’m not saying I approve of the Aol. logos, just using it as an example of a logo/branding system that isn’t vector based. Yes, the text bit is obviously vector, but the images aren’t, and without the images, the logo is nothing. It’s all about the application innit

binners

It may be about application, but that branding makes the London Olympic logo look like Nike! It’s so bloody eart-shatteringly awful, it’s staggering that anyone had the nerve to invoice them for it! My 8 year old could do better.

I think I’ll stick with my original statement about designing logos in photoshop 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

What do I need to ask him for so he delivers the correct version? Someone mentioned vector images does that sound right?

You really shouldn’t need to tell him anything bar what you need it for, then he should be advising/supplying you the correct version.

Post up the jpeg of the logo for a laugh, I’d like to know why he used photoshop instead of illy. I’d be wanting a specific reason for this or demanding he recreates the logo as vector. And supplies it as eps, ai or pdf.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PrinceJohn

I think I’ll stick with my original statement about designing logos in photoshop

The clue’s in the name – PHOTOshop…

binners

Can we see the logo then? I’m intrigued now. It’s got a photoshop ‘bevel and emboss’ filter on it, hasn’t it? 😀

MrsToast
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No graphic design thread is complete without some Mrs Toast ACTION!

This may as well be closed down now.

binners

The work of genius! 😀

PrinceJohn

The work of genius!

No beveling or embossing there. A proper logo that would look equally as good on the side of a building or a business card.

bigjim

Word is all you need
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfprIxNfCjk[/video]

CountZero

binners – Member
    You need an .ai or a .eps file. If he’s done a logo in photoshop, then he’s a twonk

Oh, so true. So very, very true.
    I am really enjoying this thread, it takes me back to a previous life, one where, generally speaking, those who didn’t have a clue left it to the experts.
    Now, a quick browse of the magazine shelves in WHS, and everyone’s a chuffing expert.
    Which is partly why I’m no longer doing the job I really loved. 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Any graphic designers here?’ is closed to new replies.