Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any GPs etc on here? Friend told can't have Pill for cost reasons
  • hora
    Free Member

Asked/advised to consider other methods of contraception that are more cost effective for them.

Anyone (medical) heard of this?

Junkyard
    Free Member

go to family [planning and complain about the GP – religious reasons for saying this?

wwaswas

Sounds a bit odd. There’s lots of medical reasons to avoid using the pill for a long time but I’ve never heard cost used as an argument.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Sounds wrong to me. What happenned Did your friend ask for a certain brand of pill but Gp offered cheaper one ( this happens all the time and we get beaten all the time from above about this) or did they point blank refuse to give her the pill ( which is wrong unless contraindicated due to health reasons) Or maybe your friend is sooooo ugly that conception is near impossible (unless man wearing beer goggles ++++) so it is more cost effective not to give her the pill!

Jamie
    Free Member

Sounds like bullshit to me. No offence like….

tiger_roach
    Free Member

religious reasons for saying this?

What religion says the pill isn’t OK but other methods of contraception are?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s Hora. Come on, you’re never going to get a proper intelligent, well-thought out post containing all the facts with Hora now, are you? 🙄

This is probably based on something he’s overheard in Starbucks or McDonalds or somewhere, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Did she ask for a particular brand of pill that is expensive when there are generic equivalents that are cheaper? Its the only scenario I could think of where might happens.

molgrips
    Free Member

It might be that the pill would not work very well for the person in question.

If you’re obese for example you can only take one kind of pill IIRC which is the kind that has to be taken at the same time every day. So if you are obese and disorganised it’s unlikely to work well.

He said ‘cost effective’ not ‘costly’.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What religion says the pill isn’t OK but other methods of contraception are?

No idea hence the ?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

It’s Hora. Come on, you’re never going to get a proper intelligent, well-thought out post containing all the facts with Hora now, are you?

Pot, Kettle???

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pot, Kettle???

Why so?

hora
    Free Member

Use other methods? Like pull and spray? Or buy your own condoms?

soobalias
    Free Member

Pot, Kettle, Black!!!

racist.

BigJohn

Hora didn’t specify whether his friend is a woman.

If it is a bloke, then I can understand the doctor’s reaction.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any GPs etc on here? Friend told can't have Pill for cost reasons’ is closed to new replies.