Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • any good/cheap home insurance companies left for expensive bike cover?
  • theendisnigh
    Free Member

I have got 2 bikes worth about 4k and 1k. I currently have home insurance with churchill, which covers about £250…. 😐

Has anyone insured recently with a fresh policy? What prices did you get quoted? Which companies did you go with?

curvature
    Free Member

Esure.

I have my Five and my wife’s Canondale as named items for £50 a year.

£3.5k and £1.2k values.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

thats the kind of quote I’m looking for! Thanks 🙂

theendisnigh
    Free Member

does anyone have experience of esure?

I have a cotic rocket, built up myself, don’t have receipts for all the parts, so was worried when I read the following.

Item value
    This is the cost of replacing the specified item, we will need to see an original (not a photocopy) valuation which must be less than 3 years old. If the valuation is more than 3 years old, a new validation will be required.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

it seems that esure are complete robbing feckers according to many online reviews. http://www.reviewcentre.com/review777670.html

Not going to trust them despite being cheap.

So, any other recommendations for insurance? please?

seanodav
    Free Member

AA were pretty good for me, better than m&s in price.
    The 1k bike doesnt need listing but the other will

Andy-W
    Free Member

M&S will cover bikes up to four grand for no extra on the premium.

wheelie

i use MFU not too expensive…..and there a human being at the other end of the line!

theendisnigh
    Free Member

thanks Sean and Andy. I’ll try both of those.

wheelie, do you mean NFU?

anyone out there got experience of a company with good service in the event of theft? or alternatively others to avoid? esure are cheap but absolute winkers by the sound of things, so only placebo insurance.

wheelie

sorry yes NFU. I found by going through house insurance on the phone I got the premium down considerably…make sure you have about 40 minutes though!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘any good/cheap home insurance companies left for expensive bike cover?’ is closed to new replies.