Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any good with PC's, specifically lap tops & showing slide shows on a TV ?
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

Is anyone a dab-hand at computers?
    I have a Sony Laptop VGN – FZ11Z.
    I hooked it up to a TV the other day and an option was offered that I ticked whilst trying to get the images to appear on the TV screen.

It was something to do with a mirror image on the lap top’s monitor.
    Now I’m left with an ever so slightly blurred, well, everything, be it the desk top of any of the programmes or images!
    How do I reverse this process?

I’ve been on to Sony and unfortunately both guys I have spoken with have not been successful, the 1st left me with some ideas and a couple of down loads to get on with and the 2nd guy did not seem to understand what we’d done nor where we were up to and was singularly useless. He hung up on me in the end!

I’ve deleted the NVIDA driver and re-loaded the same but it makes no difference.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Stoner
    Free Member

right hand click on the desktop and go to settings (if XP) or Personalize if Vista and change the resolution of the screen until its right under "Display Settings"

yamyambiker
    Free Member

Sounds like it gave you an option of mirroring or extending your desktop (mirror as you may imagine presents a live view of your laptop screen onto an external presentation source (tv/projector/2nd monitor) and extend creates additional desktop space on the external source (either to right or left of primary/laptop as configured by user).

When you say everything is slightly blurred I'm assuming that things are now blurred on the desktop and that you were able to successfully display a mirror of your laptops screen onto the TV but since then things don't look right on your laptop either with or without the TV connected.

Did your resolution change on the laptop when you connected the TV? If it did and you know how to change your screen resolution then try altering this (back to the original if it has changed and you can remember the original).

grumm
    Free Member

There's a key combination – function and one of the F keys (usually marked with a screen or two screens symbol). It's used to switch between monitor/output configurations. Might be worth messing about with.

I take it you've tried the old classic of rebooting the puter?

davey_clayton
    Free Member

Many/most TVs can't display as high a resolution as a typical laptop. It sounds like your laptop has reset its resolution to match the TV. Turning it on and off, or switching the display using function+F8 (or whatever) won't make any difference, you'll need to change the res (right-click on desktop and choose options/display settings depending on your OS) and set the screen resolution to the maximum.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Bingo.
    The simplest of solutions.
    R click on the desk top. Screen resolution had been reset to its lowest setting.
    Thank you all so much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any good with PC's, specifically lap tops & showing slide shows on a TV ?’ is closed to new replies.