Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any good trails within 30-40 minutes of Livingston??
  • andypandy85
    Free Member

As the title says really! Moving there next month and wouldn’t mind getting a heads up on what local stuff there is. Obviously GT and Inners are a bit further afield, just looking to see what’s close by.

Many thanks 🙂

tpbiker
    Free Member

Pentlands?

or bathgate alps if you are roadie inclined.

Garry_Lager

Pentland hills are good for local riding – NE half by far the most popular due to proximity to Edinburgh, and plenty of Edinburgh riders on here.
    I don’t know the SW half at all (used to live in Edinburgh and don’t believe I ever ventured past the slap). Big area, though, so there must be plenty of stuff there.

Guess it depends on where you’ll be in Livingston – N side and you might be looking at a fair stretch before you hit any decent stuff in the Pentlands. Beecraigs is meant to be good for a wee mince out that way, but never ridden it myself.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

40 mins out of rush hour gets you to stirling for cambusbarron, north third and dumyat/mine woods. Callander estate(very non technical/suitable for kids) is at falkirk so again local. Torwood and beecraigs also local enough to you all under an hour.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Cambu/dumyat, braefoot, few pump tracks nearby, beecraigs over the hill, corstorphine hill.

vorlich
    Free Member

Blairadam would be around 40 mins, over the bridge.

matt_outandabout

An hour would have you at the foot of Ledi, Brig O Turk, Callander etc as well. For purpose built trails Comrie Croft would be under an hour.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Beecraigs?

kcr
    Free Member

In addition to the locations mentioned above, there’s a fair amount of farm track, singletrack and forest road that you can piece together into interesting routes near Livi, if you get the OS maps out and explore.

There are some trails over the SW Pentlands near Livingston that are worth exploring, although most of the popular trails are at the Edinburgh end.

I was walking in Beecraigs recently and they seem to be doing a bit of work on developing the trails.

vorlich
    Free Member

Beecraigs is worth a look, but despite working in Linlithgow it’s never really become a regular ride for me. It’s OK for a change of scenery, but not brilliant. It also the wettest place I’ve ridden, even worse than Blairadam.

Further afield, Pitmedden and Perth have some good riding.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Huge thanks for all the replies, very much appreciated! Looking forward to getting out and about on some natural stuff! 😀

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I know somebody in Mid Calder and there are some nice woodland trails round there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any good trails within 30-40 minutes of Livingston??’ is closed to new replies.