Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any good trails near hartlepool
  • scuff321
    Free Member

Looking for good xc or possibly downhill riding close to hartlepool as I’m working in the area for a few weeks. Is there anything in the north York moors. Local knowledge is always better, thanks

chemicalali
    Free Member

Hamsterley – lots of XC trails, both official and “unofficial”. The Hamsterley Riders Facebook group is a good one for info/arranging rides.

For DH, again Descend Hamsterley is the place. They run uplift but I think only at weekends. Contact through their FB page.

Plenty of natural trails on the NY Moors and Dales etc (of course not too far from Swaledale and the Dales Bike Centre).

Also riding in the woods at Guisborough though these can be really hard to find and you need a local to show you round.

stox
    Free Member

Loads of riding on NYM … I’d say head to guisbrough forest or over to hamsterley

Inbred456
    Free Member

Kildale for natural trails. Lots of riding around Sutton Bank and surrounding Moors.

scuff321
    Free Member

Where is best starting point around kildale as I’ve never been and would like to start riding first thing in morning as I’m working nights

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Here’s a route “in the XC style” at Guisborough, Pinchinthorpe to Captain Cooks monument and back. It’ll take you near plenty of the downhill sections if you suss them out. Nice Full English available at Pinchinthorpe visitors centre to get you fueled up after a night shift 😀

https://www.strava.com/activities/354724410

Here’s a route of Hamsterley black/red combined, plenty more there to add in as well. A68 cafe on the way for full English 😀

https://www.strava.com/activities/585623159

kayla1
    Free Member

Not gnarly at all, but you can pick up NCR 14 at Hart and have a pleasant potter North to where it meets NCR 1 and up through South Hetton, Murton, Seaton and into Ryhope. There are some nice bridleways that spur off NCR 1 at Murton and Seaton. Alternatively, bimble up NCR 14 from Hart and pick up NCR 1 and head South to Thorpe Thewles for a lovely cream scone and a cuppa 😀

There’s also the coastal path (cross the line at the bridge at Hart) which is a nice bit of cross country type stuff up to Crimdon, through the caravan park (Butlitz!) into Blackhall.

Dalton Piercy has some nice bits and bobs as well.

edit- and there’s the BMX track at Summerhill for being rad and stuff.

scuff321
    Free Member

Nice one thanks map was just what I was after, breakfast just a bonus

jimob
    Free Member

Head to Hutton village near Guisborough on a Tuesday or Thursday evening. There’s usually quite a few biker’s around there who I’m sure, wouldn’t mind showing you around. I’m up there myself on Monday night but I normally start from Great Ayton.

pipiom
    Free Member

I would ask the guy in this shop….he’s dead helpful and I think they do weekly shop rides

pipiom
    Free Member
    scuff321
    Free Member

Just met the guy from wetrockride in guisbourogh car park gave me a few pointers

Dibbs
    Free Member

From what I’ve been told (by people who work there) any trail leading out of Hartlepool is a good trail. 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any good trails near hartlepool’ is closed to new replies.