Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any good routes down the South Downs way?
  • sassy
    Free Member

If there any good routes down that way ….am thinking of going over the bank hols with another group but there mostly horse riders and i can’t do a whole weekend without riding my bike 😀 Is it mainly just great scenery and bridleways?

mu3266
    Free Member

lots of great scenery, mostly bridleways but I did encounter a few bits of barely entrenched singletrack. Looked more like sheep paths at times but great fun. Few cheeky climbs (well they were on 170mm of travel as I kept flipping the bike) but you’d no doubt enjoy it.

garage-dweller

Where in the S Downs are you going? They’re 100 miles end to end (you could always do that 😕 )

QE Park near Petersfield’s worth a visit.

When I have time for a proper hills ride I usually head in the general directions of S. Harting / Stoughton / Kingley Vale / West Dean / Goodwood or Winchester/Farley Mount.

Mostly open bridleways with the odd bit of interesting thrown in but the views are lovely and the descents eye wateringly fast in places (because they’re not that techy).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Have a look at this thread South Downs around Chicester

sassy
    Free Member

Cheers guys but i’ve now decided to head in the other direction…It was just a fanciful whim although may go later on in the year so all the info has been useful 😉

lardman
    Free Member

Nope, no singletrack down here. move along.

stoat

Only been riding down there a couple of times but using the SDW as a starting point it was quite easy to link some stuff up following your “i wonder where that goes” sense.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Nothing of any interest in Friston at all, move along, these aren’t the trails you’re looking for.

beardie
    Free Member

loads of good stuff, but its well hidden 😆

rewski
    Free Member

After spending the whole Easter holiday around Friston forest I can honestly say there is nothing of interest.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any good routes down the South Downs way?’ is closed to new replies.