Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any good riding round Warwick/Leamington
  • timidwheeler

Going to be in the area. Anything there? Ideally off-road but quiet lanes etc would be ok.

Cheers.

imp999
    Free Member

You can make a nice loop starting at Ufton. Go down the green lane to the canal, along the canal to the disused rail line. Along the line (cross the fosse) to the canal. Follow the canal back to the green lane, back up to Ufton.
    Hope that makes sense with an OS map in front of you.
    It’s my sort of training ride. It’s a bit narrow & stingers at the minute.

Mark

submarined
    Free Member

MTB? Not really, no.
    When I moved here and asked around, the most common response was along the lines of ‘the great thing about living here is that your only about an hour and a half by car in most directions from some great riding’…

It’s basically all road bikes and flat bridleways, with the occasional cluster of 30s worth of singletrack.

*Obviously all the above depends on your riding preference. If your a flatland bumbler you’re probably much better catered for.

kayak23

I live in Leam.
    The loop mentioned above at Ufton is a good shout. That section I normally do as part of a bigger loop that starts in Leamington and goes through Ufton, Harbury, Hunningham etc.

To be honest though, you’d need an OS map.

There are nice loops to be had from Leamington/Warwick out to Kenilworth castle and back with a number of different bridleway/cheeky options but again, a map is needed to make the most of it/not get lost.

Viewranger app I think has a few routes on it if you do that and can make a search.

I record my rides on Strava which I’m more than happy to share with you if someone can tell me how I do that 😀

It’s not the Peak or owt but it’s a nice area to bimble about in. Warwickshire has some beautiful scenery.

timidwheeler

Cheers guys. Thanks for your help.

onewheelgood

I live in Warwick. It’s distinctly lacking in gnarr, but you can put together some very nice road rides on mainly small lanes, and by stringing the bridleways together with a bit of road you can make a decent route. The club in Leamington (RLSCC) is pretty friendly and has a lot of regular road and off-road rides. I’m also happy to share my Strava routes if that would help.

kayak23

I live in Warwick. It’s distinctly lacking in gnarr,

Pah! You’ve clearly not hucked all the lock platforms on the Hatton flight… 😉

onewheelgood

Pah! You’ve clearly not hucked all the lock platforms on the Hatton flight…

I’ve ridden my unicycle up the Hatton flight. That was quite challenging.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any good riding round Warwick/Leamington’ is closed to new replies.