Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any good riding round Glendevon, Perthshire?
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

Heading to Glendevon area for work next week. Will be staying at the Tormaukin hotel and was wondering if anyone would be willing to direct or show me some of the trails. Was down there 2 years ago and just followed my nose really. But this time I’ll be restricted to night riding so would like some direction 🙂

Cheers folks

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

There’s a track nearby that heads over to Dollar which I did as part of a ride a few years ago. Not sure how best to return though – the ride I did involved riding up and over Ben Cleuch (this part was fine, lovely long climb) but the descent on a very, very faint, heathery, boggy path back down to Glendevon was a pish way to lose the height gained. I think the ride was in Kenny Wilson’s book and it was one of his ‘specials’ I reckon. Unless I didn’t find the right path. Will also be very wet now.

Other riding – I think there’s some downhill trails above Dollar and the Glendevon wind farm should have some fireroads at least. Not to far to drive to Comrie Croft (waymarked) or Pitmedden and Blairadam (guide needed). Given the joys of parenthood I will not be able to offer to guide, sorry!

robbie
    Free Member

Me and a mate usually do a bit of night riding around Pitmedden forest. Its not right on your doorstep about 30 mins drive but you are welcome to join us usually a Tues or Thurs eve about 18.30?

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply lads, and thanks for the offer of Pitmedden Robbie. Unfortunately I’m in the works van which has a tracker fitted so no driving for ‘social’ purposes :-(.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

You could try Glen Sherrup.

vorlich
    Free Member

Glen sherup +1

It’s a bit of a pig getting to the top. Take the forest track then muddy firebreak up Innerdownie, once on the open hillside head for the summit, keep eyes right for the A frame style aroun halfway up, head across the boggy hillside to the ‘corner’ treeline, there is a fully taped run with drops etc that runs down to the reservoir.

It’s on Strava, but tricky to find. Global heat map FTW.

frood
    Free Member

It’s on Strava, but tricky to find. Global heat map FTW

this one?

strava segment

vorlich
    Free Member

I have said too much…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any good riding round Glendevon, Perthshire?’ is closed to new replies.