Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any good riding near Clumber Park…??
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Off to clumber park tommorrow with the family. We’re all taking bikes but I might get a couple of hours to sneak off on my own. Anybody know of any good riding round there? cheers.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

just go off the main trails and theres some good bits in the woods. or you can nip down the road to sherwood pines

BFITH
    Free Member

Thanks for that Mr C….I’ll look into it….

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I stopped off there on the way back from Lincoln – without my bike – and asked if there was any “proper” off-road in the park. The guy who hires the bikes said no, but maybe if you go a bit “cheeky” you might find something.

ebygomm
    Free Member

There’s a really nice descent through a sandstone cutting nearby. Will try to pinpoint it on map at lunchtime. You can ride entirely off road to get to sherwood pines too

matt_outandabout

Clumber is great for an afternoons fun and pootle with the kids – nice to get out in a lovely forest and grounds, but not gnarl (dude).
    Sherwood is better, and not that far away.

BFITH
    Free Member

Cheers eby….that would be good….

Edit: Looks like sherwwod is fave then….

ebygomm
    Free Member

The nice little descent is marked by a point on this first map, it’s the pointer by the south lodge with no picture. It might not be that great to be honest, I enjoyed it at the time but it was my first day on my new bike and I’ve done a lot more since then!

Route between Clumber and Sherwood pines here

BFITH
    Free Member

Thanks for those tips eby….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any good riding near Clumber Park…??’ is closed to new replies.