Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any good riding in North Kent?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Driving from Wokingham to Upchuch tomorrow, anything good to ride locally on the way, or should I stop off in the Surrey hills?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone?

dantsw13

The only sensible way from Wokingham to N Kent is via the M25, and anything I would suggest would be too far south for you. Sorry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boriselbrus
    Free Member

There is some good stuff around Bluebell Hill (between Chatham and Maidstone) but you would need to know where to look.

An option you do have is stopping at the CycloPark which is right next to the A2/M2 at Gravesend. It’s basically a very wiggly line which goes round the road circuit, but it’s fairly challenging with some interesting rock gardens. It is also pretty much mud free, and there are showers there with good changing rooms.

Cyclopark

stayhigh

There’s lots of good riding round this way, we’ve even got some hills too 😉 Have a look HERE for some ideas.

I’ve also emailed you a .gpx.

granny_ring

Stayhigh,you sure that’s the right link?

freeagent
    Free Member

Cyclopark is pretty cool for a couple of hours.. some of it is a bit tame but the rock gardens are brutal!

the roadie track is quite good aswell.

stayhigh

Hmmm nor sure what went on there. Should have been http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

You are in the flattest part of Kent, all salt marshes up there. The north downs aren’t too far away at Mereworth, and Bluebell Hill is meant to be ok. Both would need a map or a GPS and some advice from a local to find the good bits. Cyclopark might be easiest in that regard.

dantsw13

30 minutes down the A21 from the M25 gets you to Bedgebury.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cheers stayhigh/sketchy, the trails were excellent, some brilliant singletrack and definitely not flat, couldn’t believe the amount of dust!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any good riding in North Kent?’ is closed to new replies.