Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Any good Mobile Phone deals going????
  • Rochey
    Free Member

Currently have a iphone 4, with 02, been with them for years, no real issues tbh however I want a new phone.

Anyone know of any really good contracts, want to spend no more then £20/£25 a mth (may go a bit higher) but the phone must be Iphone 4,4s or 5 or 5s,

Anyone know of any really good deals????

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Buy the phone outright and get a £10/12 giffgaff sim?

Rochey
    Free Member

lol, a what???

wysiwyg
    Free Member
    ninfan
    Free Member

Tesco sim only seems to be a great deal

takisawa2

A 5S for £20-£25 a month !!!!
    Good luck with that. 😐
    (Unless you want to lay out a few hundred up front).

Try moneysupermarket.

Rochey
    Free Member

I’m currently finding that out, tbh happy with iphone 4, just need a new one.

rickt
    Free Member

Im now using a Motorola Moto G (Google) phone – Bargian price from Tesco £129 and then unlocked for £2 via ebay.

Great phone for the price, great battery life –

Bimbler
    Free Member

+1 for the Motorola G, bought daughter one for Xmas and it’s pretty much incredible for the money. Motorola / Google have pretty much rewritten the rule book for cheaper mobile phones, must be cheesing off a large proportion of handset manufacturers.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ive got a 4s for sale in the classifieds if thats any use.

ampthill

Buy a used phone

Then either Giff gaff or s 123 tarrif pay as you go

Basic maths a £20 a month contract is £480 over 2 years

breadcrumb

Virgin sim only £12 per month (unlimited text 1gb data loads of minutes) Motorola Moto G (8gb) £130 from phones4u.

cyclistm
    Free Member

In the market for a new phone. But not sure how much data to go for. Looking at emails and occasional internet use. Is 500MB way too little?

seosamh77
    Free Member

+1 for the moto g and giff gaff 12 quid goodie bag combo.

Just bought the moto g today. Outstanding phone, you’ll not get better for the price. Got it sim free from phones4u, £130.

nickjb
    Free Member

In the market for a new phone. But not sure how much data to go for. Looking at emails and occasional internet use. Is 500MB way too little?

If you go for one of the monthly deals like giffgaff then you can just switch if its not enough or too much. 500mb is a decent amount for general use, though.

takisawa2

If you’ve broadband at home, & don’t spend your life watching YouTube on the go, then 500mb is plenty. Always has been for me.

Don’t assume a bought outright phone & GifGaf SIM is cheaper though.
    My OneX+ cost nothing up front, costs me £21pm, with 500mb, 150mins & unlimited texts. I did look at a Nexus, but the bloody things were always out of stock, & the HTC seemed (to me), a better phone. The new ones look nice though.

cyclistm
    Free Member

thanks all

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I reckon cheap-ish phone with a SIM only deal is the way forward if you’re happy to keep the phone for a couple of years or more.
    As for usage, you might be able to check your account and see what you actually use. I was surprised how little of my text/calls allowance I actually use, and while I haven’t often gone over my 500MB data I think that’s the minimum.

I’ve just ordered a Moto G (after having my defy for nearly 3 years) to go with a £13 Vodafone SIM deal.

ross980
    Free Member

16GB Moto G here.really can’t fault it (but I did have a Defy+ for the previous 6 months which was utter rubbish). Great battery life. Not too big.
    Swapped my Orange SIM only £11/m to the Three 1 Tariff 12 months @ £15/m with unlimited data (inc tethering) which came in very useful after it took 3+ weeks to swap my home broadband over after moving recently.

ampthill

If you have wifi at home and at work I’m amazed how little I use

I on Orange 3 2 1 I pay 3p per min call, 2p a text and 1p a Mb. I’ve used about £14 quid since august

and as others have said if I suddenly up my usage I’m not tied into anything

jambalaya
    Free Member

Three are offering unlimited data, 2000 mins 5000 texts for £15 (no phone) – I find their data speed much faster than everyone else due to lower subscriber numbers I suppose, coverage quality does depend on where you live. Then buy a used phone

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Any good Mobile Phone deals going????’ is closed to new replies.