Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • any good mechanics out there looking for work in the north east of scotland?
  • joemetcalfm
    Free Member

pretty much it. we have a few shops in the north east of scotland and we need a full time mechanic for the stonehaven store. cytech would really help but experience would be just as good if not better. most of the work would be on mtbs but we do see road bmx and kids stuff too. pay would be worked out on experience so if your interested drop me an email.

cheers joe x

1981miked
    Free Member

Hi Joe,

Mike Donald here, shop looks good. Me and Alan were going to nip up this weekend but i may struggle as im working tomorrow and have a night out at night. Shop looks good though.

Looking forward to getting my Cotic frame and builing it up!
    I also have a hankering for an Apple green Alpine 160. Got my 5 frame and forks for sale, so hoping to order my frame next week if the 5 sells. Im after a red headset, bottom bracket and seat skewer as i am total bike tart!

Anyway, hope you have a good weekend. Ill hopefully see you soon.
    Can i come in work in the bike shop aswell??? 😉

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

hay mike

glad to hear you going down the alpine route. your going to love it. you guys are going to have to pop in to the new shop soon. we can go for a pedal too if you bring your bikes….

messiah
    Free Member

Stoney is a great place to live. Sea on one side and moontains on the other.
    The only downsides I can think of are the high costs of housing and the ugly North East of Scotland women… if your happy to live in squallour and sleep with trolls the area offers ace biking, interesting surfing and great skiing/boarding come the winter.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ill echo cost of living high – above average shop wage just covered the bills/eating – and the bills/eating alone …. i had to work overtime lots to cover bike stuff and thus little riding time when i worked in aberdeen – stonehaven housing isnt much cheaper – stuff is more expensive (i now live near stonehaven)

i bailed on the bike trade shortly after moving up realising that either i had to open my own shop or get a decent paying job

Futureboy77

Tell me about it! A price worth paying though as i'd rather set myself on fire than live in ABZ. Working there is bad enough!
    Nowt like a beer down Stoney harbour on a nice day!

Good luck with the shop though. I keep meaning to pop in for a gander, but i've been hankering thoughts about a new road bike and a visit may well push me over the edge! 😕

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘any good mechanics out there looking for work in the north east of scotland?’ is closed to new replies.