Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any good helmet deals around?
  • tomaso
    Free Member

I’m after a mid-priced helmet for mountain biking with good protection. Anyone spied any deals?

tomaso
    Free Member

Apparently I’m after a ‘trail’ helmet and not a racey one :mrgreen:

jamesy01
    Free Member

POC_Trabec

Other colours available. Got the light blue myself and can’t fault it. IIRC my head measured 59cm and I ended up with a M/L as the XL rotated on my head.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Trabec looks far too hot for me – and overpriced!

mangatank
    Free Member

Lots of good stuff on Wiggle at the moment. Giro Feature is very Zeitguist-y at the moment too.

j3w3ll3r
    Free Member

Cycles Uk where doing Specialized S3 for £55 down from £110, I know this coz I bought one 2 weeks ago

tomaso
    Free Member

The Trabec is bit too cool for school for 🙂

Will head over to Wiggle and see if their deals are better than CRC

Cheers

Fox Flux is the best helmet I’ve owned – not particularly new now, so bound to be some deals around

Helmets by davetheblade, on Flickr

prawny

Like my feature, I’d definitely have another. Bit crap for attaching lights and things too though with the lack of holes. £32+p&p from fatbirds.co.uk

Linky
    http://www.fatbirds.co.uk/459665/products/Giro-Feature-Matt-Titanium-Icon-MTB-Helmet.aspx?origin=pla?kwd=&gclid=CJ_5ueaWw7kCFWOWtAodpUsAAQ

wattsymtb
    Free Member

Fox Flux is also the best helmet I’ve ever owned.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I have had my eye on a Met crossover for a while, looks good and felt good when I tried one out in Halfords and the disk for tightening it at the back has a light built into it, a gimmick I thought but if you just consider it a back up it’s a handy idea. They are in the £33-£40 range so I just need to get round to ordering one.

Any one got one?

tunners
    Free Member

Just brought one of these because my head was too big to fit into a Feature.

661 Recon Wired Helmet @ CRC

davosaurusrex

I just picked up a Scott Groove II from Start cycles for £27 down from £60, it is as good as any £90+ Giro I’ve owned and weighs nothing, venting is great too. I’ve also got a Feature which I like but they do get hot in the summer.

buck53

uwe-r – Member

Any one got one?

I have, although I have the XL version due to my massive swede. 😳

I wear it on road bike and mtb at the mo, fit is good for my (enormous) round head, visor is a bit rubbish, neither use nor ornament, light on the back is handy imo (not in the expected place, so I hope it makes me a bit more obvious).

I do find I sometimes think it’s stuck a bit between two stools, I’d like a little more coverage for on the mtb and a little less (or at least more streamlining) on the road bike.

All that said I’m keeping an eye out for a decent price on one of these new-fangled ‘trail’ helmets.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any good helmet deals around?’ is closed to new replies.