Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any good deals on Ordnance Survey maps?
  • cinnamon_girl

You know, the 3 for 2 offers. All I can find is Dash4it who are offering 30% discount. Anyone used them before? It's the Explorer ones I need.

Thank you so much. 🙂

JAM29er
    Free Member

I always use my local library. Only 3 weeks at a time but you can renew at least twice online. You can get the lamnifold ones too.

sofatester
    Free Member

[cough]Torrent[cough]

😉

druidh
    Free Member

Buy something like Anquet and print them off yourself. Works out a lot cheaper.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Dash4it are great, I use them all the time. Normally deliver within two or three days, and 30% off is a decent deal – 30% discount on 3 is pretty close to 3 for 2 isn't it? Depends how many you want to buy!

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for replies! I like to add colour to my maps (highlighter pens) and always carry one with me.

Not sure about Torrent.

Certainly in the past Waterstones, W.H. Smith have done offers.

cinnamon_girl

OK, I use mapping software, Tracklogs, but in Landranger scale. I like the detail of Explorer though. Field edges become important to me! Do a lot of solo riding so need to feel well-equipped.

crispedwheel – that sounds reassuring.

MrGreedy

Used Dash4It lots of times here too – seem to be the best price around for OS and always delivered quickly.

druidh
    Free Member

Do Tracklogs not do 1:25k mapping?

cinnamon_girl

Yes, but it's very expensive. Have got England and Wales in Landranger scale.

aracer
    Free Member

I've got the whole of GB in Landranger, but also like having 1:25k for stuff. The thing is 1:25k paper maps are also expensive (if rather cheaper than electronic – which unlike 1:50k is more expensive than the paper), and I don't like the bulk of a full size map – printouts are far more flexible and convenient. What you need is some way of (legally) getting cheap 1:25k mapping – check your e-mail 😉

whyter

Thanks for the heads-up on dash4it. Just got some maps from there. Also, if you use the code DRAGNET at checkout, you can get a little more discount 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any good deals on Ordnance Survey maps?’ is closed to new replies.