• This topic has 11 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by dan88-spam.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any good deals on Motorbike kit?
  • iolo
    Free Member

I’m looking for full motorcycle protection. I heed a helmet, jacket, gloves, trouser and boots.
    Do you know of anyone selling this as an all in one package relatively cheaply or is it a case of buying individually?

Stoner
    Free Member

ghostbikes have well priced stuff online. Be prepared to test for fit and return though as you would with any other online gear. Usually some reasonable stuff in their running sales (bit like CRC)

Their “kit” bundles are only trousers and jackets though.

towzer

what size are you and are you near Oxford (ie I’m giving up road riding and was planning on selling my old stuff nowish)

boots 7, leather jacket 42″ish, proper motorkibe jeans (padded and double layer) 38″, poss an oversuit as well and gloves (small hands)

see also https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/

jamesmio
    Free Member

SportsBikeShop are about the best online for range and prices – haven bought loads from them and never had an issue.

Also – I’d never advise buying a motorbike helmet without trying it on properly first. Seriously, it’s just not worth it. Get yourself down to a couple of decent shops or dealers and get one fitted properly – it may very well save your life one day.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Not sure where you are but Get Geared are good on range and price. Ideally you could do with trying them on as the fit between manufacturers varies so much that you’ll end with a bit of a mismatch. Luckily most jacket and trousers now have universal zips.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Infinity have a clearance warehouse in Camberley that can have some bargains.

Edit: My sources tell me you are in North Wales so Camberley isn’t much use.

cokie

I’m after the same kit. Some great links! Keep them coming 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

George White in Swindon has a huge building full of discount stuff.

salad_dodger

Sportsbikeshop as mentioned above are good as they do price matching and free returns if you spend over £25.

hammyuk
    Free Member

J&S Accessories are about the cheapest

smokey_jo
    alanl
    Free Member

Some Aldis still have the boots/jacket and trousers in stock.
    We’re waiting for them to reduce the trousers more – currently at £50, down from £60.
    The whole lot was reasonable, certainly worth the asking price.
    Lidl have helmets in occasionally, last time was a couple fo months ago, a decent lid at £40.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any good deals on Motorbike kit?’ is closed to new replies.