• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cdoc.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any good cheap smaller smart phones?
  • nickjb
    Free Member

Having decided that my Sony Xperia is a bit crap and their after sales service non existent (seriously don’t buy one) I’m after a new phone. I think one of the many Chinese no-name/crazy name phones would suit me fine as I’m not a power user. I do occasionally web browse and email but usually use my tablet so the phone is for occasional use and gps/mapping. With that in mind I’m looking for: Cheap, smaller than normal and good stand-by battery (I’ll admit the Sony did that part very well). Fairly robust and not totally rubbish would be a nice bonus and Android. I’ve found a few standard size phones that would do eg the Umi Hammer so something like that but maybe 20% smaller.

cumberlanddan
    Free Member

xiaomi redmi 2. Just make sure to get the 2gb ram version. About £100 but does the job nicely.

loum
    Free Member

moto e

fisha
    Free Member

+1 for Moto E , its £70 sim free from Tesco at the moment. Will handle normal mobile needs for ages.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

moto e

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

not smaller but just bought the wife a Moto X Play and its pretty slick with a hefty battery, but the curved back makes it feels in the hand lighter than its weight.

Stock Android as well.

Reviews on Amazon from people with iPhone 6s and Samsung S6s that prefer the moto X play.

steveoath
    Free Member

Wileyfox swift?

nickjb
    Free Member

Still all pretty big. The moto e is a bit smaller and heading in the right direction but can you actually apps with 4gb ram?

johnners
    Free Member

The moto e is a bit smaller and heading in the right direction but can you actually apps with 4gb ram?

It’s got enough for what you say you want. I don’t think it has a compass though, which you may want if you’re going to use it for nav stuff.

cdoc
    Free Member

S3 mini? Bit older, quite cheap and mine seems to be hard to break.
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Motorola-Moto-E,Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-mini/phones/8654,7536

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any good cheap smaller smart phones?’ is closed to new replies.