Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any good (cheap) deals on discs out there?
  • anono

After an unfortunate incident involving a split rim, its time to ditch the v brakes and upgrade to some discs. For a rigid single speed which doesn’t see much downhill action, so don’t need to be massively powerful – reliability and easy maintenance is more important.
    Any good offers out there?

gonzy
    Free Member

have a look in the “for sale” section of this forum…you’ll probably find that someone is selling exactly what you need for a bargain price.

MartynS

There’s some Deore disks for sale on the classifieds at the mo….

I’m nothing to do with the seller before anyone says….

perthmtb
    Free Member

You haven’t said whether you need centrelock or 6-bolt, Avid or Shimano, but I picked up some of these a while ago, cheap and do the job – resin pads only tho’

Centrelock

6-bolt

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

deore from rose bikes are ~£32 an end (but need disks, and a bleed kit, so about £120 all in)

ThePinkster

This seems a reasonable deal – Deore F&R Set at Merlin
    Still needs rotors though, but they can be picked up pretty cheaply if you shop around

pinetree
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new (well, near as dammit- used once by my GF) Avid Elixir 1s which you can have for cheap 😉

perthmtb
    Free Member

Oops! Got the wrong end of the stick there – thought you were just after “discs” ie rotors. Now realise you want the whole system 😳

Del

you’ll get a set of BB7s inc. rotors front and rear for just over 50 quid from the far east on ebay if you want really easy to look after. good brakes. use them with your existing levers and set the cables up properly.

anono

thanks for the suggestions

Pinetree – how cheap? will that include rotors?

pinetree
    Free Member

Yeah, it will. They’re 160mm front and rear. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=85972

£95 for the pair?

anono

thanks – but just spotted some deals on merlin – picked up front and rear (exc rotors) for £60!

johnnystorm

I bought some Hayes 160mm rotors from bike-discount.de for a fiver each.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any good (cheap) deals on discs out there?’ is closed to new replies.