Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any good bunk house / B&B's in Snowdonia or Cwmcarn area?
  • hughlovittt
    Free Member

Me and a mate are looking at visiting a few trial centres in Wales at the end of March and thinking of heading to either the Snowdonia or the Cwmcarn area. Obviously I have been looking at the visit Wales and the MBWales websites for various bunk houses or cheap B&B’s but the reviews are never as good as personal recommendations.
    Therefore I was wondering if anyone could suggest one or two good ones that they have been too before.

stumpy01

I’ve stayed here a few times when visiting CyB:

http://www.trawsfynydd.com/index.php?loc=33

It’s basic, but cheap and plenty good enough for somewhere to crash after a days riding.
    There’s a pub in the town, a small shop with a free cashpoint in the back and a cafe.

The hostel has a kitchen with coin operated washing machine and there’s a drying room.

There are plusher options around, but it suits us fine.

Edric64
    Free Member

In rural areas look out for cavers huts/bunkhouses .They are usually about 5quid a night to non members most limestone hilly areas have several .So that covers S Wales,Mendip ,Dales ,and the Peak.When in Yorkshire I use the YSS hut the hq of the 3 peaks cross race .There are several in S Wales as well google should find them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reditreks in Machynlleth. Great place, great location, great management.

[/Thread]

hughlovittt
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll take a look at the ones that you have suggested!
    Anymore for anymore?

schrickvr6
    Free Member
    hammerite
    Free Member

I stayed at the Vagabond at Betws-y-Coed a few years back. Decent place to stay. Although last time I suggested that place someone said it was rubbish! Vagabond

hughlovittt
    Free Member

Anyone else got any suggestions as I still haven’t booked this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any good bunk house / B&B's in Snowdonia or Cwmcarn area?’ is closed to new replies.