Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any good bargains spotted with Black Friday looming (xmas present content)
  • rockhopper70

I keep hearing about black friday, when the internet retailers drop their prices to attract custom in light of trade dropping off this friday…
    So, wondered if anybody had seen any good bargains and are suitably organised in sorting xmas presents out. Anything goes, for adults or kids.
    Lets see em…

theotherjonv

it’s a US thing isn’t it – day after thanksgiving = boxing day for us in terms of sales starting.

rockhopper70

oh.

peteimpreza

Apple will be doing a Black Friday event tomorrow online.

Amazon are also doing Black Friday deals.

Tom83

Today’s deals are on amazon. Few bits and bobs that might interest, haven’t seen any mega bargains yet though. They’ve got Kindles going on offer Friday.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

check out hotukdeals.com, loads of stuff gets flagged on there.

Legoman
    Free Member

Apple will be doing a Black Friday event tomorrow online.

Pete – I think the Apple event is on Friday, not tomorrow. I’m watching in the feint hope ipad 3’s will be included!

Milkie
    Free Member

It is no longer a US thing, Amazon.co.uk have been doing it for a couple of years and a lot of others are following.

You have to keep checking out Amazon.co.uk as the offers come and go and sell out pretty damn quick!

molgrips
    Free Member

it’s a US thing isn’t it – day after thanksgiving = boxing day for us in terms of sales starting

Yep. It’s bonkers over there.

Incidentally it’s called Black Friday because it’s typically when the stores start being in the black, cos they make the most of their profit in the ‘holiday season’.

peteimpreza

Legoman is of course correct. The Apple event is Friday 23rd.

theotherjonv

didn’t know the (UK) internet retailers were in on it too. Will get up early tomorrow for a scan.

The merkins go mad for the physical shop sales tomorrow. People have been killed in stampedes, pepper sprayed their co-shoppers to get an advantage in the dash for the big Tv’s and the like. makes the H.A.Rods look pedestrian.

wrecker
    Free Member

Had a look at the apple (non) event. About 9% off on selected items.

zilog6128

How is it a non-event, considering it is the only time Apple products are ever discounted? If you want an iPad, I would consider £30 or £50 a great discount! Unless those lowly sums are meaningless to you, Mr Moneybags? 🙄

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any good bargains spotted with Black Friday looming (xmas present content)’ is closed to new replies.