Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • any genesis io owners on here
  • sam69
    Free Member

thinking of buying / building one up, any owners give me some feedback with photos please thanks

stuartm555
    Free Member
    james
    Free Member
    jet26
    Free Member

Just sold one – and was sad to see it go.

Probably the best bike of any type i have owned if judged on smiles/pound spent.

Now have a solaris so it was getting neglected and left in the garage so has gone to a new home with another STWer.

Can’t recommend them highly enough though – great feel and nothing to adjust/faff with – if it doesn’t feel right you just have to man up and pedal harder!

dustypumpkins

The most fun bike I own. Just feels right. Do it.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

The cheapest bike I have owned and the one I ride most.Good compliant frame and handles well. Builds up into a nice light bike.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Got an iOID. Excellent fun, gets far more use than my five on the local singletrack

nwilko
    Free Member

pretty heavy,
    cheap,
    frame can only be described as dead feeling (i had a cotic soul as well at one point) and the i0 just felt dead in comparison.
    used for commuting and hacking around town its fine.
    but if i wanted a bike for off road and singlespeed i’d look elsewhere..

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

What-EVER. I have an io. It cost £300 brand new and was well worth it. I have upgraded everything apart from the f&f and the stem/seatpost/saddle/clamp. This is normal anyway as things wear out. Only the BB died prematurely. £300 very well spent.

It is significantly lighter than my wife’s GT Peace.

flashes
    Free Member

I must agree with nwilko, mine’s long gone. I returned to my inbred…

rp16v
    Free Member

i tried one but ended up with a sanderson for the short rear end,chucked some 120mm rigids and it handled like a big chuckable bmx only sold it to fund my full sus

sam69
    Free Member

never heard of a sanderson

rp16v
    Free Member

sanderson soloist they only made about 6 frames i found the ebb to be very good and simple to set up,they do a 853 version now aswell

sam69
    Free Member

thanks rp16v i will have a look

rp16v
    Free Member

sorry that made it sound like a ltd run i mean they only MAKE 6 frames in there full range.
    no problem.

jameso

for the short rear end

Chain length / gear ratio will dictate rear end, the iO I have is at 418mm ish with a 32-16. Add a link and it’d be about 12mm longer.

Sanderson list 425mm (dunno where the EBB is at that measuremennt) and the iO is 420-425mm to centre of the track end, can’t remember off hand.

rp16v
    Free Member

dont no whare it stands tbh i would imagine center top or bottom i had mine set at 90deg back and it felt really short manuald for bloody ages and really nippy throu the twisties,also felt better on the longer fork than recomended 100mm.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Mine is fine. Great fun on the Verderers in FoD. Fancy a carbon fork but don’t know why.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘any genesis io owners on here’ is closed to new replies.