• This topic has 27 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Any Gas Monkey fans here?
  • servo
    Free Member

After enjoying the Kitt Car episodes over Christmas I am definitely a fan of Fast ‘n’ Loud.

I am resisting at the moment but I expect to have bought at least one of the following before the end of the current series.

1) Muscle Car
    2) Tattoo
    3) Beard
    4) Gas Monkey T Shirt

*1 of the above is much more likely than the other 🙂

“Brakes are for quitters!”

dknwhy

I’m a fan but more of the earlier ones as the more recent scripted ones are a bit silly – especially when they try to act!

Arron’s a pretty gifted mechanic though.

euans2
    Free Member

I like it, it’s a good bit of “remove brain” tv

jools182
    Free Member

I do like it but I must admit, the scripts are getting on my nerves, and the theme builds are complete gash

It’s going the way of all of these shows. They start off interesting and amusing, then they get a bit of publicity, more cash coming in, producers start introducing scripts, and they completely ruin it

trail_rat
    Free Member

i like to think of them as mike brewer and ed china. i think rich is a **** but quite like aaron

cant stant the – lets bring in a wreck of a car and stick an unrealistic target of 1 week to turn it round nd put it to auction. most of the cars they do – you couldnt even put a parts list together in a week.

look for fantomworks – they may well be just as scripted im sure but it just seems alot less like acting and more like the real world – also with realistic pricing for the work done.

TooTall
    Free Member

Fast n loud, Fantomworks, Bitchin Rides, Wheeler Dealers. We get them all on a channel called Velocity here in the US. It is my default no-brain TV when I’m lying on the sofa drinking beer.

trail_rat
    Free Member

whats the one basedin welderups shop ?

them industrial injection cummings engines are mental.

dazz
    Free Member

it gets a bit thin for my wife, because at the end of the month I always come in saying “daz monkey got paid wooo”

jimjam
    Free Member

I enjoyed the first few episodes until I googled and found out Richard Rawlings became a multi millionaire in advertising/marketing before selling up his company to start GMG. Nothing wrong with that itself but it became incredibly hard to believe that someone worth $10million would get so concerned over making losing a few thousand dollars.

The final nail in the coffin for me was the F40 episode where everything, every single fact, snippet or spec they quoted on the car was wrong. It was painful to watch them “improve” it, with “upgrades” from their sponsors.

I know the thread title is “any fans” but since others are weighing in I can’t resist adding my 2p.

spectabilis
    Free Member

The later /current shows are a bit **** and I don’t like the themed builds but loved the earlier episodes where focus was on the fabrication of the cars, now there is very little filmed of any actual work being done just bs about unnecessary timescales etc

I prefer the spin off misfit garage which follows it although produced by Rawlins this’ll go the same way too soon enough.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I quite like it for brains out TV, but Rawlins is a tool and up there with Mr Brewer.

It is horribly scripted these days and the did ruin the F40…given what nazis the Ferrari owners club is about good mods that actually improve the cars for the better, I hate to think how they would react.

The american car building programmes are generally pretty fun for a bit (used to really like the hot rod ones).

I’ll also own up to watching Street Outlaws.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Steady on chaps. Rawlings is a bit of a tit but he is not a patch on the absolute ginormous lady part that is Brewer!

Some of the time lines are a bit iffy and the acting is a tad crap; but they looked like they should have stars on the Hollywood walk of fame compared to the Hoff being surprised when he went into his dressing room.

I love that Dennis is always wearing a shirt with his name on it.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Steady on chaps. Rawlings is a bit of a tit but he is not a patch on the absolute ginormous lady part that is Brewer!

You know that you have a man crush on Brewer!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I would like to crush Brewer!

They totally ruined an R33 Skyline last night. Instead of it being a nice fast road car they made it into a ‘drift car’ FFS!

ernie67

I’ve watched fast n loud from the start – I know it’s not as good as it used to be ,but I never miss it. I like Misfit Garage that’s on straight after with the ex-employees… that Tom’s as mad as a box full of frogs

M6TTF
    Free Member

yes, love it – its all very staged for the benefit of ratings, and a lot of the car bits are a little iffy, but its still a great show. And I have a tee shirt 🙂

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Sue rules! And I have a bit of a man crush on KC which is weird cos he’s not My type.

geetee1972
    Free Member

LOL it’s my ‘guilty secret’ and I thought I’d be in a minority. I love it.

Sue is the best character “You Ass Monkey” so funny.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Suggsey
    Free Member

I too have a guilty secret, all the car stuffs on series record….as annoying as Mike Brewer is. Love to hear and see any ridiculous or beautifully done cars from any manufacturers but of course have a soft spot for a nice V8 muscle car.
    Or a pick up………

spursn17
    Free Member

I like to watch Fast And Loud with my eyes shut, Rawlings sounds like Earl from ‘My name Is Earl’ and it makes it a whole lot funnier. Can’t wait until they get Catalina in the show as well. 😀

petrieboy

Watch it with the kids. As above, brain out tv, the earlier stuff was better.
    I’ve got copies of mark Evans ‘is born’ series’s from the late 90’s which pi55es over it tho!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

My colleague has been known as ‘Pete mate’ by everyone I work with since the first ‘Is born’ series was on.

unovolo
    Free Member

whats the one basedin welderups shop

That will be Sin City motors with ‘Twiggy’ the ex stripper.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Prefer the welder they had on Gas Monkey.

trevron73
    Free Member

I love gas monkey Garage , my wife hates it ,my mother hates it as i always set her sky plus for the ones that are on while I’m at work, i would love a big throbbing v8. Wheeler dealers is fantastic too i love love love car programs .I am working on getting my first “wheeler dealer car this year to drive pout to Spa F1 and then” sell on for a tidy profit ” as mike would say .

TooTall
    Free Member

I don’t know if Bitchin’ Rides has hit the UK yet but his team are very good at what they do
    https://www.kindigit.com/

z1ppy

:mrgreen: @ this thread, ‘is born’ was class, loved that show

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Any Gas Monkey fans here?’ is closed to new replies.