Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any gardeners of plant people about?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Looking to get some plants that are easy to manage but that also produce a good amount of oxygen, too be kept in my flat.

Any suggestions on what I should get?

CHB

money plants are easy to look after. If you are near leeds I can give you a juvenile plant.
    fig plants are nice , but can be fussy.
    basil and other herbs on the windowsill.

bigjim

copious amounts of ganja

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A quick growing plant such as the spider plant should produce a good amount of oxygen during daylight hours due to their fast metabolism.

Although remember you keep all your windows shut as otherwise the oxygen they have produced will simply escape.

Also try not to breathe too heavily whilst in your flat as this will lead to an increase use of oxygen.

CHB

Mrs HB says aloe, bird of paradise plant, agapanthus.

anagallis_arvensis

Does your flat lack oxygen?

RobHilton
    Free Member

I am a gardener, although not of plant people.

If you feel you are lacking oxygen you could free some up using a bit of Grecian 2000:

Preparation of oxygen using hydrogen peroxide
    The decomposition of hydrogen peroxide using manganese dioxide as a catalyst also results in the production of oxygen gas.

2 H2O2 ==> 2 H2O + O2

Has it crossed your mind that you may be asthmatic?

meehaja
    Free Member

aloe plants are easy to look after, look quite nice and you can use them to treat burns etc! Spider plants are un kilable, we’re growing lilys in the bathroom at the moment, they respond well to the light and mositure but take a bit of care.

mogrim

Opening a window would be less effort, though.

Spider plants, money plants, pothos – there are loads of easy to care for plants.

kaesae
    Free Member

Good too see so many people garden plant people, what about herbs and spices?

alanf
    Free Member

What about something that you get a crop from too?
    Perhaps chilli plants?

We’ve got some on the go at the moment that have been grown from seed. They seem pretty easy to look after, and hopefully we should get a decent amount of fruits off them too.

kaesae
    Free Member

Would it be possible to grow goji berries? I would love to have fresh ones of those!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So you’ve progressed from wanting to grow plants to produce oxygen, to now wanting to grow plants to produce food and herbs and spices – are you planning to live in a hermetically sealed self-contained ecosystem ?

And have you been tipped off about an imminent catastrophic event which no one else knows about ?

kaesae
    Free Member

Tipped Off! hahahahaha! what the **** do you think all the events from 1999 to now with the extreme / inhospitable weather escalating has been!

A secret message that only dolphins can understand, you would need to be blind, deaf, dumb and insane not to have noticed it.

That or expect that anything important that’s about to happen or has happened will be announced on TV.

This just in, SHURRUP!

kaesae
    Free Member

I’m simply interested in growing things, oxygen producing plants and food, so there!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I knew about your theory concerning catastrophic global flooding, but I wasn’t aware that it was going to effect the available oxygen supply.

Will this be the final fulfillment of that ancient prophecy “the fish shall inherit the earth” ?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any gardeners of plant people about?’ is closed to new replies.