Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Fort William locals on?
  • bruneep

midges out yet?

Kunstler

Not that far away – I was out munro bashing in Perthsire (Ben Cheese Garnish) and it was certainly far too cold for midges. I remember being up at the Fort William mtb world cup in June a few years back on a gloriously sunny afternoon and being amazed by the lack of the little bastids. Does a hard winter delay them? I hope so.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I'm not that far west, but way too early for them yet, and way too cold.

forge197
    Free Member

Not a local but was at Fort William at the weekend and didn't notice any, was only at the base of the DH course and start of the reds.

Wasn't any at the campsite either.

swavis

Stayed the weekend down in Onich near Ballachulish and thankfully no midges to be seen.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nothing yet.

Although I was out with the dogs yesterday evening in Glencoe and there were lots of what I can only describe as 'big midges' out at the waters edge, but none of the little nasty biting ones yet.

I have also read that the hard winter will impact on them, but the general consensus around here is 'I'll believe it when I see it'.

soulrider
    Free Member

pray for beaming sun and a light breeze (yeah perfect conditions for us) that keeps the little blighters down!

peajay

Nothing yet, quite nice in the sun today, but still pretty cold :0( The rain hasn't been too hellish for a while either,
    PJ.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Fort William locals on?’ is closed to new replies.