Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any flat-roof experts on here ?
  • takisawa2

Garage roof is leaking again. Bloody thing.
    Fed up with lashing £100+ on that flexible grey stuff that lasts a year before letting again.
    Thinking of re-felting myself. Wickes do the torch on stuff.
    I could hire the torch etc.
    How hard could it be ? 🙂
    Or is the self adfhesive stuff be ok ?
    And should I leave the existing stuff in place ?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

It won’t last too long if you go over the old. The self adhesive is ok, a lot of roofers use it now because it’s easy. Torch on with decent underlay is probably best.

Be careful pulling it off though, the boards underneath are probably water damaged and will come away with the felt.

If they’re knackered, replace them with 18mm OSB, costs around 16 quid a sheet. The new stuff won’t stick properly otherwise and you’re back to square one

takisawa2

Cheers funkeymonkey.
    Great bit of info & much appreciated.
    They do a base sheet & cap sheet…is there any advantage to having more than one layer of the base sheet ?

emac65
    Free Member

I used the self adhesive stuff on ours about 10 years ago,it’s very good & has a 20 year guarantee.Like having two huge thick rubber patches stuck on your roof,easy enough to do as well.Just make sure your boards are good to stick it too,oh & make sure you get it in the right place first time when applying it,cos it doesn’t ‘arf stick quick !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any flat-roof experts on here ?’ is closed to new replies.