Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any fatbikes with mucky nutz fenders??
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

After my last few rides on me fattie…..and the dreaded dog turds spraying me with its fragrant smell…..twice.
    I’m thinking about adding some mudguards for me fattie
    I found these by mucky nutz http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product.do?method=view&n=3347&g=744190&p=744194&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Mudguards&gclid=CNfqorXWzsgCFWsTwwod_OoKqw
    Has anyone got them??……any chance of a pic with them on the fat one???
    Cheers

Jossie

Can’t help but very interested as my fat front Jones loves throwing stuff up into my face. I’ve luckily avoided dog eggs so far but I can imagine that it’s no pleasant.

zigzag69
    Free Member

I use their fatface on the front, and so far so good – certainly cut down on the mud.

For the back, this might be worth a look – bit of time with a heat-gun/hairdryer, looks better (IMO) than the fat butt fender.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fat-mud-guard

hopkinsgm

Been using a Fat Face Fender on the standard steel fork on my On One Fatty – doesn’t stop *everything* but it certainly cuts down the amount of spray.

[edit]Yes, pics show a nice spring day where it wasn’t really necessary – however, it did ride with this all through last winter and can confirm it’s better than nowt[/edit]

russyh
    Free Member

I bought one unfortunately it wouldn’t fit my blutos

muckynutz
    Free Member

@russyh, sorry, those will only fit rigid forks, until we make some changes.
    In the meantime, you could check these out…..
    Fat Face Fender for Blutos 🙂

russyh
    Free Member

CHeers Muckynuts, i will place an order shortly!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

ive got the front fender on mine, them big tyres dont half kick up some shit! rather have a muddy arse than a rear mudguard tho…

Sanny
    Free Member

I run the fork fender and the down tube fender on my Ice Cream Truck. Bloody marvellous bits of kit. Light, strong, cheap, effective. I think they look cool too. Noticeably better than the PDW fenders where the pop button construction sees them pop off in high winds causing me to have to chase them down the beach on more than one occasion.

The butt fender is good too.

Cheers

Sanny

hopkinsgm

Just to clarify… the guard shown on the pics above is this one, or possibly a slightly older variant of it:
    http://www.muckynutz.com/mudguards/fat_face_fender/fat_face_fender_xl_black
    I’m pretty sure it was just called a Fat Face Fender a year or so back when I got it, but is now called a Fat Face Fender (XL).

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

That’s a good front fender on that ON-ONE put one on my Trek looks good never used the velco just zip tied it on does the job well and you have a big surface to put stickers on it 😀

cheekyget
    Free Member

How much crap will the down tube gut fender grab??…..if it’s high enough will it take away the need for a front fender?…..as too TBH ..I’m not sold on a front mud guard

trout
    Free Member

OK not as the OP asked but 29er Mudhuggers work great on FatBikes and Bluto`s

cheekyget
    Free Member

I decided to make my own …because if I brought one , I would only cut it down

Blue peter time!!!!

cheekyget
    Free Member

And there was no waste…..as the top part of the bottle made a great poop scooper for my garden..esp if your dog has the jellies!! 😀

dovebiker

No problems with the PDWs – been running a downtube one all-year. The rear PDW is less good – might try the mudhugger and hot-air gun to fit the rear of my 5″ fatty for this winter. Having got a dose of crypto-spiridium from riding through a manky farmyard, there’s no machismo is honking yer guts up after a filthy ride.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I decided to make my own …because if I brought one , I would only cut it down

That’s strange that is, because i’ve just bought two mucky nutz fenders and glued them together to hold my muc off cleaner.

cheekyget
    Free Member

hat’s strange that is, because i’ve just bought two mucky nutz fenders and glued them together to hold my muc off cleaner.

Ha ha ha……but did you make a poop scoop out of the waste?? 😆

cheekyget
    Free Member

I manage to find a near empty bottle at my mates house last night….so I made the rear fender too……

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any fatbikes with mucky nutz fenders??’ is closed to new replies.