Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any fans of atmospheric optic phenomena in?
  • nedrapier

Evening sky in London, we had contrail shadows, iridescent cirrus, a 22 degree halo, sundogs and a circumzenithal Arc. Never seen the last one before, and it’s put a smile on my face.

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/czaim6.htm

Spring tide on the river too, always seems strange to see the river that high. Just waiting on the full moon now. 🙂 12 midnight moonrise, outside my bedroom window.

mogrim

Cool stuff, although I’m going to have to google/wiki “circumzenithal arc” 🙂

nedrapier

All you need to know on atoptics.co.uk

It will change how you look at the sky!

Click on the leftest arrow in the top right on the page I linked to above for more, and a menu bar.

nedrapier

Just been having another look, it was a circumscribed halo this evening. Almost sounds like I’m making it up?

CountZero

I’ve seen countless sundogs, and iridescent cirrus loads of times, and solar and lunar halos, but I’ve never seen a CZA, sadly. I have seen Noctilucent clouds a couple of times, too.
    The words ‘git’, and ‘lucky’, rearranged into a well-known phrase or saying, springs to mind! 😉

nedrapier

“Lucky git” – maybe, but along with 15 million others who would have seen it if they’d been looking. 🙂 That’s the fun thing about these, though isn’t it? I wonder how many did?

I thought it was a Kern Arc at first. Imagine my excitement. And then my non-surprise to find out it was something much more common.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any fans of atmospheric optic phenomena in?’ is closed to new replies.