Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any experience with the park tool IR-1 internal routing kit ?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi,

As the title says just wondering if it’s worth buying the park tool IR-1 routing kit.
    Does it work as it should ?

Cheers
    Shaun

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes it’s very good.

shaungero
    Free Member

Great, that’s what I wanted hear.
    Money well spent if it works. Nightmare otherwise

Rorschach
    Free Member

I thought it was pish.If the holes were big enough to get the magnets through it was just quicker with the ‘magic wire’ (coat hanger).If they were too small (most of the time) then I’d just use the ‘magic wire’.
    Used it a few times and then consigned it to the bottom drawer with the rest of the carp.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I guess it depends how fiddly. I had some internally routed carbon time trial bars to do with Di2 and that kit saved my sanity!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It depends on the bike. Most don’t need it but it’s very good for getting hydraulic lines through frames. It’s a workshop tool really

jimw
    Free Member

Havings spent some time* swearing trying to feed a gear cable in a Canyon Strive a while ago, I resorted to the ‘cotton thread and a vacuum cleaner’ method and it has worked every time since.

*more time than I really care to admit

Wally

I use a very strong magnet from the bay and extra long gear cable. Works for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any experience with the park tool IR-1 internal routing kit ?’ is closed to new replies.