Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any experience riding in the Dordogne?
  • filks

Booking next summers family hols – clearly need to include some MTBing.
    Anyone got any suggestions/recommendations about the Dordogne?

Thanks

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Where in Dordogne are you going?

filks

Either le Bugue or Sarlat

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I know Sarlat pretty well and spent many summers there. I struggled to find much riding especially MTB. It was mainly road riding and most shops only had road maps.

Maybe it’s changed but if I was to take a bike again I’d take my CX. I’m sure there must be some local MTB clubs now that could give some pointers.

Oh and enjoy the river 🙂 Many a happy down lazily floating down it.

orangespyderman

Worth checking this site for any GPX routes round where you’re thinking of heading. It’s quite widely used by MTB’ers in France.

vondally
    Free Member

We went in 2000 ish …when it was the hottest year ever…to sarlat,bought a blue map and just wander down trails of all descriptions and had a great time….try vtt, routes routes sarlat

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

There are loads of way marked trails around le bugue. I was a les eyzies and went out a few times this summer.

Easy to get lost though…..maps in tourist office but maybe email them for a gpx as I generally got lost.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

double post

slackboy

there are some nice trails around Saint-Amand-de-Coly / Montignac. nothing technical but lots of double track through the forested hills.

this one for example: VTT saint amand de coly

jim79
    Free Member

Not masses, but we did stay at a campsite in Beynac 3 years ago, lovely spot, and they gave me a map which turned out to be a great little route. Campsite was le Capyrou or the like.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any experience riding in the Dordogne?’ is closed to new replies.