Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any experience of these wheels ?
  • hambl90
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/WBI25EGRS/wtb-st-i25-tcs-rim-on-el-guapo-rattlesnake-hubs

Need some new wheels on a budget and came across these , anyone heard of those hubs before .

Cheers

Poopscoop

I would also check out Just Riding Along’s wheelsets too bud.

Cant comment on those ones im afraid but JRA wheelsets are pretty cheap and have a really good record I think its fair to say.

No, I dont work for them. lol

Tracey

Have a look at the Alex Voltar/Chosen wheels on Merlin Cycles. You wont get much better for the price. Strong and fairly light.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks both , I’ll have a look at those.

Kryton57

+1 for the Alex / Chosen (Raleigh) wheels. After my front and then rear failed i went that route for my trail bike. In all aspects – except i cant speak for longevity yet – they are impressive. Tubeless tyres easy to mount, stiff strong and about 1800g for the 29er wheels.

damascus
    Free Member

My road bike has bolt thru chosen hubs. At first I thought I’d change them as I’d never heard of them but they looked and felt good. A couple of thousand miles later and they are still going strong. I’ve been impressed by them. I think you can do a lot worse than buy chosen hubs.

What size wheels are you after? Have you thought about buying some 2nd hand wheels for that price? Put up a wanted add and see what the stw world has going spare? (or stealth add warning: look at my history for a set of 29ers in budget 🙂 )

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks all , those merlin wheels are looking favourites at the moment . I’m after 27.5’s also put up a wtd ad but have no replies yet.

jkomo

Superstar are my go to wheel place.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any experience of these wheels ?’ is closed to new replies.