Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any experience of these "gravel" tyres yet?
  • franki
    Free Member

Hi.
    I’d have asked this on the Grit CX forum – but there doesn’t seem to be much traffic there these days…

Anyway – anybody got good or bad experiences of Panaracer Gravel King SK (32) or Clement Xplor MSO (32) tyres?
    I’m looking for a faster all-rounder than my Schwalbe Landcruisers that’ll still take a bit of a beating off-road. (Pity they don’t do a lighter version, as they are great tyres, but SOOO heavy.)

I’d thought about the Xplor USH too – but it doesn’t look very off-road capable, tbh.

Ta!

BillOddie

Xplor USH are fine on gravel paths and the like.

iainc

I have a set of Xplor USH waiting to go on my CDF when the Conti CrossSpeeds wear out, however they will have a hard act to follow, as I really rate the Conti’s – fast rolling on road, good on gravel and hard packed singletrack and very few punctures. Some folk find them quite puncture prone though..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jameso

Gravel Kings are great winter road and gritty surface tyres, flat-resistance is good but off-road grip is as you’d expect on anything but hardpack.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve used Clems MSO 40C’s but not recently (last year, for 4 weeks). They’re great tyres but I’ve moved to using Challenges Gravel Grinders..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m also on Challenge. Strada Bianca, though, a much faster tread.

Challenge do make very good tyres overall.

franki
    Free Member

I don’t think I can get 38 or 40mm tyres in the frame or the bigger MSO or Gravel Grinders would be on the list.
    Odd how there’s lots of choice at 32 & 40mm, but not so much at 35…(Which is what I’m after really.)

GHill

I have an Xplor MSO on the rear of my CdF. Rolls well on tarmac and works well enough off-road. I’ll buy another when it wears out.

aP
    Free Member

Have ridden Xplor USH 35s for about 18 months now, good, but not in mud – will be riding these at Paris-Roubaix again, and Tour of Black Country again.
    Also been trying Xplor MSO 40s which again aren’t great in mud – I’ve gone back to Racing Ralphs for the kind of riding I’m doing on that bike currently. Herself likes them on her RLT9.
    Fine elsewhere though 😉

franki
    Free Member

Funnily enough aP, – the Tour Of The Black Country is one of the rides I want these tyres for!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any experience of these "gravel" tyres yet?’ is closed to new replies.