• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any experiance in Neoair repair.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

After 6 years the inevitable has happened.

Hastily set up sleep site in a bothy and i managed to sleep on a staple embedded in the paint :/ it was obvious in the daylight,

Woke up on a flat neoair after a good nights sleep.

Ive found the hole – its in the bottom – its a pin prick as you would expect.

The base is polyester – so ive been advised not to use a puncture repair kit – vulcanising rubber is not what i need apparently.

I have a stormsure repair kit – looking through that im wondering if i can get away with just using the glue – even if it is on the outside of something under tension – which is similar to a tent where even stormsure suggest not using theri glue.

Ive been reading other pages that say a drop of superglue on the hole should seal it.

The hole is in one of the valleys of the ridges on the bottom so getting a good seal with a patch is going to be hard

Cougar

Don’t they come with a repair kit? Could’ve sworn mine did, but I may be misremembering.

If it’s a pinhole, you might get away with just smearing glue over it. I did that with a Fat Airic a while back.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nah , mine didnt even come with a stuff sack . I bought it back before they had come to te uk – so potentially olde than 6 years even :/

Aye am tempted to try smear of stormsure over it and let it dry. Will “need” to go take it for a test ride after though 😉

kcal

I’ve just got some kind of neo air mat – I’ll look and if it comes with a kit I can fire it over Terry…

trail_rat
    Free Member

I bought mrs t-r a meoair trakker the other week from cotswolds , im pretty sure it didnt come with orne and it certainly doesnt have one now.

Gonna give the storm sure glue alone ago just now .

kcal

I dug out some kind of Field Repair kit – alcohol swaps, Tear-Aid Patch Type A and a couple of little stick on (like Park patches) — happy to send some or all. This was also an NeoAir – all round or trekker or similar.

honeybadgerx

Stick some fabric on top of the glue, just a little offcut of tent fabric or something, should make it a bit more robust. That or good old duct tape!

ironnigel
    Free Member

Get a kit from eBay or Amazon.

footflaps

Try this stuff, amazingly flexible / tough after it sets.

trail_rat
    Free Member

need to borrow someones bath.

Ive repaired that hole – theres nothing coming out of the repair.

it still leaks.- to a lesser extent , cant find another hole.

Only have a shower – bugger.

tillydog
    Free Member

need to borrow someones bath.

Wipe it over with a cloth/sponge dipped in soapy water, the leak will show.

kcal

bound to be an old bath in a field nearby t_r ? 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any experiance in Neoair repair.’ is closed to new replies.