Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any excel experts in? Data / stats advice required for novice…
  • j3ffo
    Free Member

Hi

I am working on a medical audit project. I have a series of patient data and am trying to figure the best way of presenting it. The data is glucose levels over time, with a case series of 20.

I assume the best way is time along x, glucose along y with each individual displayed as a different line?

Also, is there a way of displaying this as a trend in one single line. I am trying to use excel but struggling to produce a trend graph.

any help gratefully recieved…!

Stoner
    Free Member

x = time, y = variable is good.

trend line, you need to create an average then plot it.
    Use the TREND function or if you have the maths, create an OLS function yourself.

mrmo
    Free Member

which version of excel, in 2010 there is an option to add a trend line in the chart formating tools.

Only thing to be aware of, 20 lines can be complicated to look at, it is very easy to produce a graph that shows everything and nothing at the same time.

Any way to group results, max, min average, show quintiles etc.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Thanks guys…

20 lines on a graph does look horrible. I’ll have a look at grouping them some how.

Using excel 2007 unfortunately. I’ll see if I can plot a graph of ‘trend’ instead. Thanks again.

Stoner
    Free Member

If you create an average of your data, you can RHC on the line and select “add trendline”. Depending on the nature of your data you can select the best order of function to use for trending too (linear, quadratic etc)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any excel experts in? Data / stats advice required for novice…’ is closed to new replies.