Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any employers/interviewers/CV sifters in IT/Project world?(Post-nominal content)
  • bearnecessities

Dull question, but this seemed a better place than Google as I’m looking for a consensus of opinion from CV sifters or similar in the world where MBCS may mean something.

Applying for jobs, compiling first CV for 10 years+ ; should you use your post nominals if it’s is specific to the job role, or just include it in the qualifications part?.

I never use it normally, as in never…but does it get stand-out points at the point of CV sifting which can be a very arbitrary process sometimes, or give the opinion of trying too hard? My thought is the latter, I would rather not use it, but then it may well also be etiquette and I’m committing some professional-body faux-pax by not using it?

That’s it really, thanks. Rich

alfabus
    Free Member

Do you mean including them after your name in the large font header?

I would say no. It smacks too much of Arnold Rimmer BSc SSc (bronze swimming certificate, silver swimming certificate).

Definitely include them under qualis and professional affiliations though…. if you’ve got quite a list of post-noms, then consider adding a specific section to list them.

IANARCorHR

Dave

DaveRambo

I have a PhD and just include it in the qualifications part of my CV.

I very rarely use it in my job as a) it’s nor directly relevant and b)it doesn’t affect my ability to do my job, c) there are a lot of crap pepole who use it to try and impress d) it’s more impressive if/when people find out later.

To me it comes across as trying too hard and I have enough real experience to include so as to not need it – IMO but people may say different behind my back 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any employers/interviewers/CV sifters in IT/Project world?(Post-nominal content)’ is closed to new replies.