Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any electrical people here? I need some cable glands….
  • stevied
    Free Member

Hi
    I’ve got a few bike light parts I’m making and need some cable glands.
    I was wondering if anyone here uses PG7 glands and would be able to sell me half a dozen?
    I’ve had some from RS in the past but I think their threads are slightly different…
    please email me if you can help.

steve_dees at hotmail.com

cheers
    Steve

marcus7
    Free Member

Rs do both pg and m glands, ill have a look tomorrow but I don’t think ive got them that small, is there any reason they have to be pg7?

stevied
    Free Member

Hi Marcus
    Thanks for the reply. I’ve made some battery cases and they’ve been tapped to take a PG7 fitting. I’ve got 2 different sorts and only some of them fit.
    There are PG and M glands so I guess I have a mixture of both. The ones I need are a coarser thread. Will measure diameter and pitch tomorrow.
    Cheers
    Steve

smartmonkey
    Free Member

Marcus, Is your housing plastic?
    Then depending on the type of plastic an M12 gland can also be screwed in.
    I’ve used this quite a bit when modifying dive kit, and it seems to stand up to the abuse.
    PG7 is not to difficult to get, if all else fails I get one off’s from http://www.narkedat90.com/PG7_nylon_cable_gland_p/pg7nyglandbox36.htm they’re pricy, but tend to be next day from stock.
    More than one I tend to get from http://www.cpc.farnell.com , just put PG7 Cable gland in the search box. the Hylec spiral top one is my first choice as it includes strain relief.
    HTH
    SM

rudyard197
    Free Member

I have some PG7 non pig tail type (RS ones though if any good?)at work, Will mail you.

stevied
    Free Member

All sorted now, thanks for the replies guys 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any electrical people here? I need some cable glands….’ is closed to new replies.