Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any Edinburgers out there.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Late night call to ask how safe Is your bike If locked at the waverley station. Ive got a spanish course there at 9.30 tommorow and dont fancy driving..

Your Views .?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

If its got pink rigid forks and 7 speed gears – you is fubar. Anyhing more attractrive than that is a gamble. Unless you’ve got lots of locks etc.

#Edit: Unless you can afford to loose it / have no sentimental value I wouldnt dare.

stanfree
    Free Member

Its a pretty run of the mill On One , I spose I could take the seatpost in with me . Obviously If I had Jimmys pimped out steed It would be locked In a tool chest In a secret ROC bunker out at sea.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I’d lock one up if insured and good lock. I had some tri bars nicked off a bike years ago there.

marty
    Free Member

it’s an area with hunnerz of people and a fair few polis about, so presumably not that dangerous if you use a proper lock. is your course actually in the station?

Kit
    Free Member

Hmmm, the bike racks are in the quietest part of the station, but I think the polis keep an eye out. If you’re insured then I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Davesport

Born & bred.

You might get away with it. But it’s only a matter of time.

D.

stanfree
    Free Member

Not insured Kit And TJ so might wheel out the wifes uber rad Apollo XC220 and yes the course Is in the station.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can you actually get an ‘Edinburger’?

If so, what it is like? Nice?

Maybe I should ask my mate Scottish Kev (he is Scottish you know), see what he thinks.

AlasdairMc

There was a chippy in Edinburgh wittily called Edinburger. It was crap though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What would an Edinburger be made out of? Sheeps entrails? Highland cah? Deep fried Mars bars? Would it be flavoured with Whisky? Tennents Super Lager? Bucky?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

You should move to Glasgow where it’s much safer. I left my 531 lugged road bike at Buchanan St bus station for about 6 weeks once. It was fine. Although the proximity of the bike rack to the staff smoking area meant it was effectively under 24hr guard.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any Edinburgers out there.’ is closed to new replies.