Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any eBay experts out there??
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

I have a bike for sale on eBay at the moment with a few hours to go. I was in the garage looking for the frame number just now and I spotted two areas of paint rub where it looks like the previous owner had put panniers on. Unfortunately I haven’t mentioned it in the description and I like to be really clear on all areas of badness when selling stuff. Does anybody have any advise as to how I can make potential bidders aware now that I can’t edit anything on the listing?

Cheers

John

spooky_b329

Link? someone can ask the question and you can tick the box to make the answer public…

hexhamstu
    Free Member
    wysiwyg
    Free Member

hexhamstu – like he said with a few hours to go he cant edit a listing so go google that..

johnj2000
    Free Member

It appears you cannot post the answer to a question either. Had a mate send me a question about the paint rub so I could post the answer on the listing but the tick box wasn’t active. Oh well, I guess all I can do is tell the winning bidder as soon as the auction ends and give them the option of not buying.

unovolo
    Free Member

Let the auction run and when it ends email the winning bidder explaining the above.
    Send them photos of the offending areas and ask them to verify whether they want to proceed with the sale or cancel as ‘Item does not match description’.

You can then either offer it to the next highest bidder under the same terms or relist BUT with updated pics and description.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any eBay experts out there??’ is closed to new replies.